Contribute
Register

GA-P55A-UD3 + XFX GTS 250 Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
39
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Well, i'm building a new hack...
but, getting problem with DVI
black screen at the end of boot :banghead: :banghead:
with D sub everything seems ok(not tested HDMI)
need the DVI out badly...
seeing, you guys running well with the dvi output....
could you please tell me, how to...?

BTW, my power supply is 450w,(Changed 600w now) is that ok?
(and using BOIS ver. F5)---Updated to F6 now

Configuration:
Motherboard: GA-P55A-UD3
Processor: Intel Core i5 750
Graphic: XFX GTS 250 1GB
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
HDD: 1TB Samsung SATA
DSDT: GA-P55A-UD3 (with recent released nv iboot n mulibeast)
 
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
117
Motherboard
OSX 10.8.1
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
emuzaman, can you post the actual method you are using to enable the graphics?
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
39
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I tried every method posted in this forum with no success :crazy:
iBoot+multi beast(recent one with GIGA BEAST selected), and other boot cd method as well(With Multibeast 0.99).
Tried both graphic enabler=yes with or without in boot.com plist...along NV enabler too.
Even applied Tony's suggestion "PCIRootUID=1".
Do you have any solution?
Anyway thanks.

BTW, do you know where can i get the latest DSDT for P55A UD3? coz, i'm facing a problem with sleep related to USB...computer wont wake by press any key at keyboard..
to wake comp i have to press power button...then re plug the whole UBS devices..
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
39
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
emuzaman said:
BTW, do you know where can i get the latest DSDT for P55A UD3? coz, i'm facing a problem with sleep related to USB...computer wont wake by press any key at keyboard..
to wake comp i have to press power button...then re plug the whole UBS devices..

I downloaded the latest DSDT for P55A UD3(F6) from TonymacX86 bolg database and replaced to E/E..Sleep related USB prob. fixed :thumbup: :lol:
 

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
7,985
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
emuzaman said:
I downloaded the latest DSDT for P55A UD3(F6) from TonymacX86 bolg database and replaced to E/E..Sleep related USB prob. fixed :thumbup: :lol:
The DSDT on the blog is the same one in GigaBeast.
 

adamsmasher

Data Destroyer
Staff member
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
6,558
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-P
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
AMD 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ubergeek said:
So is your GTS 250 working yet? I have have mine working fine from the get go, although mine will go to sleep, but light is on and fans spinning, but when it wakes I get a reboot.:confused:

Do you have all three checkboxes checked in System Preferences/Energy Saver?
 
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
30
Motherboard
GA-P55a-UD3
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
9500GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I gleaned this info on another forum not related to hackintoshes. I submit it here in the hopes it can help you or someone else. For your GTS 250 you might edit the file Info.plist located at

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/contents/info.plist

The line that begins as <string>0x011010de&amp;0xfff8ffff denotes the video card's Device ID and Vendor ID. The code ;0xfff8ffff must follow every entry {w/ a few rare exceptions} and is followed by a space before the next entry.

<key>NVidiaRMPCIMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.NVDAResman</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>NVDA</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
<key>IONameMatched</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x011010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x05e010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x05f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>50000</integer>
<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>display</string>
</dict>

My 9500GT ids found in About This Mac/More Info/Graphics Displays are:
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0640

Thus I would add 0x064010de&amp;0xfff8ffff like so:

<string>0x011010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x05e010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x05f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff 0x064010de&amp;0xfff8ffff</string>

Again, this may or may not help your situation. If it does, great! If it doesn't, I hope someone else can make use of the info. Or maybe I'm just behind the curve and it's only news to me, in which case apologies are offered. Good luck!

Edit: placed the id in sequence in the string - 0110, 0170, 0179, . . . 05e, 05f, 0640
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
39
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
ben dover said:
I gleaned this info on another forum not related to hackintoshes. I submit it here in the hopes it can help you or someone else. For your GTS 250 you might edit the file Info.plist located at

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/contents/info.plist

The line that begins as <string>0x011010de&amp;0xfff8ffff denotes the video card's Device ID and Vendor ID. The code ;0xfff8ffff must follow every entry {w/ a few rare exceptions} and is followed by a space before the next entry.

<key>NVidiaRMPCIMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.NVDAResman</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>NVDA</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
<key>IONameMatched</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x011010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x05e010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x05f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>50000</integer>
<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>display</string>
</dict>

My 9500GT ids found in About This Mac/More Info/Graphics Displays are:
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0640

Thus I would add 0x064010de&amp;0xfff8ffff like so:

<string>0x064010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x011010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x05e010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x05f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff</string>

Again, this may or may not help your situation. If it does, great! If it doesn't, I hope someone else can make use of the info. Or maybe I'm just behind the curve and it's only news to me, in which case apologies are offered. Good luck!

I'm still using display via Dsub. no dvi, no hdmi ...pain! :banghead: :banghead:
Tried your solution with no luck :(
Did exactly what you told-------

<key>NVidiaRMPCIMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.NVDAResman</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>NVDA</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
<key>IONameMatched</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x061510de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x017910de 0x018010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x018810de 0x018910de 0x020010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x025010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x028010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x030010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x031910de 0x034910de 0x05e010de&amp;0xfff8ffff 0x05f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>50000</integer>
<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>display</string>
</dict>

Installed the edited kext with the Kext helper then kext utility then repaired the disk permission with disk utility..

here's the info of my card:

My XFX GTS250 1GB ids found in About This Mac/More Info/Graphics Displays are:
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0615
Revision ID: 0x00a2

Configuration:
Motherboard: GA-P55A-UD3
Processor: Intel Core i5 750
Graphic: XFX GTS 250 1GB
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
HDD: 1TB Samsung SATA
DSDT: GA-P55A-UD3 F6 (with recent released nv iboot n mulibeast)
GFX Kext used: NVEnabler64 along <string>arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1</string> at com.apple.Boot.plist
 

Attachments

  • disply.jpg
    disply.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 216
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
30
Motherboard
GA-P55a-UD3
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
9500GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
^^Sorry it didn't work for you. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your card id is in the string in sequence. I notice that all the different id names in the string are in sequential order; try putting your 250 id at the end and not the beginning. I'll go edit my other post as an example.

I really don't think it will make a difference, but on my box I did have it placed in sequence (which made it go at the end). In my post above I put the id at the front only for the sake of clarity. Again, it probably won't make any difference, but I'm crossing my fingers....
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
39
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
ben dover said:
^^Sorry it didn't work for you. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your card id is in the string in sequence. I notice that all the different id names in the string are in sequential order; try putting your 250 id at the end and not the beginning. I'll go edit my other post as an example.

I really don't think it will make a difference, but on my box I did have it placed in sequence (which made it go at the end). In my post above I put the id at the front only for the sake of clarity. Again, it probably won't make any difference, but I'm crossing my fingers....

Did ...but you are right, didn't make any difference..
Ok, i think it's my bad luck..but it should work, anyway, ben dover, Thank you very much for your help and quick suggestions :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top