Graphics
r9 290x + 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

Love the Tonymac install method. My system works great. I installed HDAEnabler and AppleHDA to Extra/extensions and I have good sound in and out from rear ports but nothing from the front out or in.

Anyone else found a fix for this?

my board is ALC888

Any help is appreciated.

Rabbit

You connected up the cables to the front of the case correctly?
You don't mention which case you have, so it's a bit hard to know.
If it's a recent case, you have two different types of connectors you can use and if you've attached the AC'97 rather than the HDA connector, then it won't work.

I did not know that. Ill check that out. Thank you.

Rabbit

My Case is very generic, but new, the wire connector only has one lead and it is labeled HDAudio. So I am assuming it is not the cable that is the issue. any other suggestions?

Rabbit

Check the new MultiBeast, it might solve your problem, as some changes have been made to the audio kexts used and certain DSDT files to sort out some minor sound problems.

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Ran it. No Change.

Using the new Multi Beast I ran sound fix "LegacyHDA - 6 port" with "HDAEnabler" and DSTS and "Disk Utilities" from the Multi Beast. Nothing else. And removed the old "LegacyHDA" and "HDAEnabler" from /extra.

Sound works from the back but still nothing from the front.

Thanks again for the help.

The system works great though.

R.

Did you connect the wire to the front of the case properly? It's also possible that it's damaged somewhere towards the front end of the case. Just some things worth checking.
If you've got a recent BIOS version installed and running 10.6.2, then you don't need HDAenabler, just LegacyHDA. You are using the ALC888 kext right?
And I take it you removed VoodooHDA.kext from S/L/E and then ran a disk permission repair?

Hey thanks again.

I haven't got it working yet but when I get my other work done I am going to try a full reinstall on a spare drive I have here on the shelf. I'll poke around with it based on the info you posted here and see where I get with it.

Thanks again.

R.

rabbit74 said:
Hey thanks again.

I haven't got it working yet but when I get my other work done I am going to try a full reinstall on a spare drive I have here on the shelf. I'll poke around with it based on the info you posted here and see where I get with it.

Thanks again.

R.

For the reinstall- use iBoot and MultiBeast and post your results.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=401

Thanks! And also, put your specs in your signature. ;) It helps me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back