1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got an older 2011 customac using a GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard. In the past I've had audio working 100% (though I've got a vague memory that it was a weird unexpected codec that worked; like 887 or something).

In the past I had it working with a DSDT and chameleon; but within the past year or so I've had clover working with this setup -- though right now it's setup for legacy but I also had mistakenly updated with UEFI -- so basically it's hard to backtrace to some extent.

Recently I bought a Nitro 480 card and in following along with a tutorial I removed the EFI that was working from my EFI boot volume; I wasn't *completely* stupid as I made a backup onto another drive. The problem is *LATER* I *WAS* stupid and removed that backup EFI. So I'm back to everything but audio working.

I've been trying the as outlined here but toleda's stuff doesn't seem to be working for me; I've been restoring the original AppleHDA; but in trawling through the forums I also can't tell if my mobo has 892, 888 legacy, or 889.

I'm also unsure if I should be using the DSDT.aml or not; in some forums I see that there's no need for anything BUT the dsdt.aml to find the audio on my mobo - but I've restored the AppleHDA.kext without running any of toleda's commands and still no love.

In the attached system info the audio is listed as 888 but I'm unsure if that's somehow just being pushed in either by some vestigage of toleda's work or the DSDT.

Screenshot 2017-03-14 12.26.32.png

I'm not exactly a newb but I know that I'm not as ninja as people here (hell I can barely keep the robes closed); I'd greatly appreciate someone talking me through how to find and install the correct codec for my board; I'd be happy with just audio out working.

There would appear that there are two different revisions of this board, each with a different ALC audio codec being used:
http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-P55A-UD3-rev-10#sp
http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-P55A-UD3-rev-20#sp

Ok, so I'm a rev2, which is 892 but System Profiler says 888 -- so I'm guessing it might be a DSDT issue?

I'm attempting to use DSDT-GA-P55-UD3-F9.aml from here (which I hope is rev 2) but on 'detect' for audio devices it's giving me 888. Should I inject id 892 there?

Should I attempt to install 892 with toleda's command script?

Trying it with injecting the id first, rebooting. It still says 888:

Screenshot 2017-03-14 15.36.32.png

I note that you still have a mobo 10.7.5, 10.8.2 in your profile rather than GA-P55-UD3

You're right; I have to update everything; will do.

Last edited:
Ok I found the F11 bios for rev2 of the GA-P55A-UD3 and downloaded it, put in acpi/patched and oem/acpi/patched. I made sure to install the original untouched AppleHDA. I ran toledo's audio detect:

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2

HDMI audio codec(s)
AMD: 0x1002aa01
Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0892
Name: Realtek ALC892
Audio ID: 1

Valid audio codec, audio device and Audio ID; audio injection is working

Yet I still see no device listed in system prefs.

Checking IORegistryExplorer

Screenshot 2017-03-15 18.18.47.png

Ok I found the F11 bios for rev2 of the GA-P55A-UD3 and downloaded it, put in acpi/patched and oem/acpi/patched. I made sure to install the original untouched AppleHDA. I ran toledo's audio detect:

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v2.2

HDMI audio codec(s)
AMD: 0x1002aa01
Onboard audio codec
Realtek: 0x10ec0892
Name: Realtek ALC892
Audio ID: 1

Valid audio codec, audio device and Audio ID; audio injection is working

Yet I still see no device listed in system prefs.

Checking IORegistryExplorer

View attachment 242318

I have the same Rev2 P55A-UD3 board with F11 Bios.
You appear to be missing the layout-id fix. I just change the following line in the DSDT:
grep -A 4 "layout-id" DSDT-working-v1.dsl DSDT-original.dsl

DSDT-working-v1.dsl: "layout-id",
DSDT-working-v1.dsl- Buffer (0x04)
DSDT-working-v1.dsl- {
DSDT-working-v1.dsl- 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
DSDT-working-v1.dsl- },

--

DSDT-original.dsl: "layout-id",
DSDT-original.dsl- Buffer (0x04)
DSDT-original.dsl- {
DSDT-original.dsl- 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
DSDT-original.dsl- },

There are other ways to accomplish the same change:
http://osxarena.com/2016/09/audio-solution-mac-os-sierra-un-supported-codecs/

but changing the one line in the DSDT is what I find easiest.

Summary:
DSDT from tonymac database.
Use MaciASL or similar to edit the layout ID line.
Place saved DSDT.aml file in CLOVER dir as usual.
Multibeast select 892 audio

I'm upgrading my Hacks to Sierra and have only encountered a wake from sleep issue. I will post separately about that problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back