Motherboard
Gigabyte P55A-UD3R REV 1.0
CPU
i7-870
Graphics
GF 9500
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How make SPDIF working on this MB rev. 2.0?
What I must to do with DSDT and kext's?! Help me...

I am having trouble just getting the regular audio working with this board - are you able to get the rear green - line out working? Any help appreciated - I have tried several Voodoo kexts so far with no luck.

Regular analog will work with this kext. voodoo892 (2.72)

http://www.mediafire.com/?m8lml9oca1s481l (mirror)
http://www.kexts.com/view/595-voodoohda_adapted_to_alc892.html

Make sure to remove any audio kexts in S/L/E before and rebuild extensions/clear caches with kext helper.

I'm also really looking for an spdif solution !

Those threads are also on the same subject
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4632&sid=e60774aeccfee5a9ca7c31cde6d1db64
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7536&start=10
when you say remove all audio kexts from S/L/E are there more than just the AppleHDA that need to be removed?

I installed the kext you linked to and the pref pane, did the cache rebuild and extensions rebuild and still nada...

Just to recap, I did a standard iBoot/Multibeast install - in multibeast I set the USB3 kext, I set the boot.plist for 32bit-graphicsenabler=no, smbios.plist set for iMac core i7

I have applied the latest MacOS combo update and everything else is working fine just nothing on the audio

Appreciate the help/suggestions, thx

Edit: btw, I am using the DSDT for this board from the database (F11) nad as noted above have removed the AppleHDA kext from S/L/E

After doing a backup of your extension delete all HDA kexts.

Try to rebuild extensions and repair permission. KextHelper should work. Osx86 tools also could help. I personally use pfix 3.1

Also check the audio control panel maybe it's on but the correct output is not selected.

Finally make sure you have the v.2 of the board (p55a ud3) v.1 has a alc888.
ok, I have removed all the *HDA* kexts from S/L/E except for the Voodoo for ALC892 kext.

The documentation that came with the board all indicates a v2 board with the ALC892, and I ran the pfix (sudo pfix -v 1 t /) and still nada :(

Anything else that I could try, or any extra debug info I could look for?

In the sound control panel I have 4 options:

Line-out (Green Rear)
Headphones (Green Front)
SPDIF-out (Orange Rear)
SPDIF-out (ATAPI)

Line-out is selected

I do not have those lines in my com.apple.Boot.plist - I will add them and see what happens

I have a DSDT for this board (F11 version) in /Extra and I selected DSDT when I ran multibeast so I assume it is using it.....

Wow ok so when you select Line-out (green-Rear) it should work no ?

Another thing I could think of, do you have the voodoohda control panel installed ? http://www.mediafire.com/?c51hvh0cpkl4oxi There's some options in there too.
Brilliant! It looks like adding those lines to the com.apple.Boot.plist was the ticket - I now have working audio thank you so much.

Also, big kudos for being so responsive, it was VERY helpful.

Should be no problem with SPDIF, but for some reason all the solutions do not, although now many MB has on board 892 codec.

Weird. I couldn't get audio to work for my UD3 Rev 2.0 board and I was getting frustrated. Newegg said it was the ALC888 audio, so I was troubleshooting for that. I will give this a shot now. Thank you all! :headbang:

EDIT: I FINALLY got the Output and Input to show up in the prefpane. However, I now have static, so now time for some more troubleshooting.

I used Voodoo 0.2.72 and the additiion of the string to the apple.Boot.plist.

EDIT #2:

I finally had success getting audio. It came in very static-y, dropped the Mic's to mute, but now I have crackle. Any more suggestions??

I would first check with the voodoo control panel if the levels are correct.

Also on another hackintosh the c1 in bios was causing crackling in itunes. Make sure that all processor setting in bios are set to Enable and not to Auto.

Finally you could try changing computer type in smbios.plist I've read that it could help. Try in smbios.plist

<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac11,1</string>
Thanks!

I'll check my settings later on. They haven't really been crackling as of lately, but there is still a lot of ambiance that can be corrected with the Gain, but the sound quality is not the best. I guess I will just keep trying to tweak it.

I'm not that concerned about it at the moment. I am waiting on 5.1 surround sound, so I would rather bash my head against the wall when I get to that point :banghead:

But thank you for the suggestions. I'll be tempted to try it out later when I get home :thumbup:

Just figured I would update. It was as simple as messing with the VooDoo settings. I didn't know about that preference options. Always learning with this build!

I have it working now with the headphone jack in the front and turned down the gain all the way for the 1: Line-out (Green Back). I basically see this as a temporary fix until I get the 5.1 set up, which I am expecting some troubleshooting with that.

But thanks again for the advice! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back