XFX GS250XZDFU GeForce GTS 250 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.

I'm running into issues getting my USB keyboard and mouse to work during the OS X Installer. Everything boots great with the default UniBeast config, which is a good sign.

I've tried the following, all without luck:

1) All combinations of USB - FixOwnership or Inject being <true/> or </false>
2) Disabling USB 3.0 on the motherboard
3) Adding <key>USB</key>
4) Adding my DSDT - This causes the boot to panic with the No Symbol and "Waiting for root device" as the last message

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to get the usb inputs working during the OS X Installer?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD3R rev. 2 (F9 BIOS) and after some struggling, i managed to enable USB ports during install. After El Capitan installation, USB 2.0 ports are working (USB 3.0 works in 2.0 mode). Sleep is working, too.

These are the steps i followed:

1. Create USB drive with Unibeast 6. Choose legacy and inject Nvidia (I have Nvidia GTX470).

2. After USB creation, edit (using Clover Configurator.app) config.plist which is located on the USB in /EFI/CLOVER.
- On SMBIOS tab, click magic wand and select MacPro3,1.
- On Boot tab, select npci=0x2000 and dart=0.
- On Graphics tab, select Inject NVidia.
- Save and overwrite config.plist.

3. Put DSDT.aml on USB drive in /EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched.

4. Restart.

5. Boot from USB (I inserted my USB drive in a USB 3.0 port). No need to use any other args. I have working keyboard and mouse during install.

6. After installation, restart and completing installation, make sure to put DSDT.aml on El Capitan drive in /EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched.
- run and install Clover_v2.3k_r3270_Legacy.pkg.
- run and install CustoMac Essentials.pkg.

7. For Edimax EW7711USN:
- install RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext in S/L/E using KextBeast.
- put DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane in Library/PreferencePanes.

8. Restart and it's done. USB 2.0 works (USB 3.0 works in 2.0 mode). I have working wireless (through DWA-140 panel).

9. For audio, get Clover OS X El Capitan-V5.app from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/. Choose POST then SELECT ONLY ALC889 (from Post Install Driver Kext -> Audio). Make sure to install on El Capitan HDD. Thanks to neophyter http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/174166-usb-issues-4.html#post1115808.
Reboot and audio is working!

I mention again that is working for my mobo, Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R.

Added my config.plist.
Added kext/prefpane for Edimax EW7711USN (for those in need).

Hope it will help!
Cheers!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 868
  • RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip
    636.9 KB · Views: 200
  • DWA-140WirelessUtility.prefPane.zip
    278.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 12.16.20.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 12.16.20.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 858
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 12.20.23.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 12.20.23.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 865
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 15.21.47.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 15.21.47.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 699
"3. Put DSDT.aml on USB drive in /EFI/CLOVER/acpi/patched."

I'm assuming you downloaded this DSDT from somewhere or did you generate it? Any details? I used the F10 DSDT.aml from the DSDT Database: http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database.php

Also, no word on how to make the drive auto-bootable? I've typed in my boot drive (a Fusion Drive, which is running fine in and of itself) into the boot area of Clover Configurator, and it just sits there at "Verifying DMI information..........." and nothing. Will search for that answer.

HawkXP:

Your config.plist worked perfectly! Thank you!!

What's interesting is that using the default config.plist that is created when using UniBeast with my custom DSDT.aml, I would get the "prohibited sign." Even adding the "npci=0x2000" to the boot options didn't do the trick. Looking at the differences between your config.plist and the default one really have my head scratching as to what would cause it to work.

I appreciate the assistance!

dresdn:
You are welcome! I'm glad to hear that you solved the problem!

MartiniBoy:
I don't know about Fusion Drive...
Choosing legacy option (in Unibeast), when boot later from USB and proceed to El Capitan install, clover will be installed on same HDD as El Capitan. In this way, El Capitan HDD becomes bootable.

Only modifications that i have made on default config.plist are those listed on point 2.
I did not make any other modifications of boot area in Clover Configurator.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 00.30.23.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 00.30.23.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 814
Thanks HawkXP! Got it working on my GA-P55-USB3 rev 2 using your recommendations for Clover Configurator, not injecting nvidia (I have AMD without injection) and adding (to clover config.plist)

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
</dict>

to remove SIP, Clover wouldn't install otherwise.

Good to have proper USB2 at least, I had to use a USB hub previously to get keyboard and mouse to work.

I also used audio_cloverALC-110.command from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip to get my 892 sound working. So far no USB3, but I can do without that for a while. If all else fails I consider buying a pcie USB3-card.

The main difference from the default setup chosen by Unibeast seems to be Mac Pro 3,1 and not iMac 14,1 or whatever I had at first.

Happy to see that it worked!
Yes, Mac Pro 3,1 setting is more suitable for motherboards based on the P55/P55A chipset and it is the main difference from the default setup chosen by Unibeast. I have not compared config.plist generated/chosen by Unibeast with my actual config.plist.
USB 3.0 is still a problem, but perhaps the future will bring some good news.

Hey Pirum - I have the same board as you. I'm just about to start testing with El Cap (have had a rock solid Mavericks install for ages, and I'm a bit wary of upgrading). I can live without USB3, wait for a fix, or get a compatible PCI card or whatever, and I can live without on-board audio since I have a USB interface. Just wondering if you faced any problems since - e.g. sleep issues, or instability.

Hey Pirum - I have the same board as you. I'm just about to start testing with El Cap (have had a rock solid Mavericks install for ages, and I'm a bit wary of upgrading). I can live without USB3, wait for a fix, or get a compatible PCI card or whatever, and I can live without on-board audio since I have a USB interface. Just wondering if you faced any problems since - e.g. sleep issues, or instability.

No instability, all works well as far as I know (except USB3 obviously), however sleep doesn't work. It doesn't work in Yosemite either, for me that is - I don't care about sleep, have never tried to get it to work, and turn off the computer instead. I recommend a full backup before trying, not just Time Machine but Clonezilla or something similar in case you want to go back 100% to Mavericks.

Addition 2015-12-15: A couple of days ago I was done testing El Capitan and decided to upgrade my main Yosemite system to El Capitan (same GA P55 USB3 computer, I have several SSDs and hard drives in it), and for whatever reason I couldn't get it to work with freshly installed Clover v3330. I could have, unknowingly, got something wrong but after reinstalling Clover v3259 it worked again. Just saying this for the record, I will try future updates to Clover but not right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back