Not sure34
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I am trying to get my hackintosh to pipe out some audio. I have tried nearly every combination, and gotten no luck. Sometimes the audio is extremely fuzzy, but most of the time the system just registers no audio inputs. As per one forum post, I deleted a S/L/E kext called AudioAUUC. I don't know if that's relevant for moving forward. I installed using EasyBeast also, but have since obviously added and removed various audio kexts several times over (including various realtek kexts and versions of VooDooHD).

I have tried reading through many threads on the subject both new and old, but have not found a definitive answer. Has this issue been resolved, or do I need to wait for some new version of MultiBeast? I built this computer to be my audio workstation, so this is a large issue for me.

I'm also having problems getting my ethernet to work (it works on some reboots but not others). I have tried several different kexts for this as well, but I'm hoping a solution has been found that I haven't come across. This is less of a priority, as I can browse the internet on my laptop and I have a wifi card coming.

Thanks for the help! I'm very happy I've gotten it to boot successfully consistently (even if I get some EBIOS issues on boot, but that's for another day).

Hey Asheric,

We have the same board and I am using these kexts which work great. Really, no issues that I'm aware of.

Audio - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4632

Network - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5828

Let me know if you have any questions.

The ethernet is fixed now - thank you!

However, I am still having issues with the sound. The system now recognizes Line-Out (Green Rear), Headphones (Green Front), SPID-out (Orange Rear) and SPDIF-out (CD). It also recognizes several inputs.

However, when I plug my headphones into the front green port, I don't hear anything. When I plug them into the back green port, I get sound, but it is oddly quiet - not unuseable, but nothing like the volume on my macbook. I assume this has something to do with line out vs headphone levels, so I assume the problem is just that I am using headphones for what should go to an amplifier, thus I need to fix my front ports.

Am I doing something wrong, or maybe I installed the front ports incorrectly? This was my first time building a computer, and the case I bought came with very sparse directions.

Thanks again!

Asherlc said:
The ethernet is fixed now - thank you!

However, I am still having issues with the sound. The system now recognizes Line-Out (Green Rear), Headphones (Green Front), SPID-out (Orange Rear) and SPDIF-out (CD). It also recognizes several inputs.

However, when I plug my headphones into the front green port, I don't hear anything. When I plug them into the back green port, I get sound, but it is oddly quiet - not unuseable, but nothing like the volume on my macbook. I assume this has something to do with line out vs headphone levels, so I assume the problem is just that I am using headphones for what should go to an amplifier, thus I need to fix my front ports.

Am I doing something wrong, or maybe I installed the front ports incorrectly? This was my first time building a computer, and the case I bought came with very sparse directions.

Thanks again!
If you're using F8 BIOS, you can just copy my DSDT and follow the Sound section in my system built link from my signature to make it work.

Attachments

• IMAG0594.jpg
    IMAG0594.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 124
I am not seeing " Headphones (Green Front)" device as an option in Sound Preferences->Output.

I am using the Realtek ALCxx audio enabler kext from Multibeast. I also elected the iMAC 11,1 system definition.

Audio works great to line out, but I really would like the option to switch to headphones.

I tried re-running Multibeast with VoodooHDA 0.2.72 kext but this caused a kernel panic.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If you used MultiBeast 3.10 with the latest Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution ALCxxHDA it will list "Internal Speakers" if you have a rear green line output connected. Only when you plug in front headphones will that change to "Headphones" and the rear green line output will be disabled.

I see one output that switches based upon the rear audio output state:
- sound shows line output when rear audio is connected
- sound shows headphone when rear audio is disconnected

Connecting or disconnecting front panel audio headphone jack is no impact on the toggling of line out/headphone.

Anyone have any ideas?

al r said:
I see one output that switches based upon the rear audio output state:

Connecting or disconnecting front panel audio headphone jack is no impact on the toggling of line out/headphone.

Anyone have any ideas?
The current version of the ALC8xxx kext in MultiBeast does not support front & rear switching at this time - macman has said it will be in next rev. In the meantime, if you want front panel headphone jack to work properly, unplug back speakers, plug headphones in front panel and select headphones in preferences->audio

Going Bald said:
[quote="al r":1q631rb1]I see one output that switches based upon the rear audio output state:

Anyone have any ideas?
The current version of the ALC8xxx kext in MultiBeast does not support front & rear switching at this time - macman has said it will be in next rev. In the meantime, if you want front panel headphone jack to work properly, unplug back speakers, plug headphones in front panel and select headphones in preferences->audio[/quote:1q631rb1]
The version of ALC8xx in MultiBeast 3.1.0 supports front headphone overriding rear green line out.

Yes, and it works very well on both of my builds just as MacMan describes. When the rear green line out is connected it is listed as "Internal Speaker" both in System Preferences/Sound and in the drop down from the Menu Bar. When you plug in front line out headphones the "Internal Speaker" listing automatically changes to "Headphones" and the rear output is disabled. Plugging in the headphones instantly provides sound to the headphones without any need to change other settings.

Thank you, MacMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back