Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
tremmelin92's Build: i5-760 - GA-P55-USB3 - GT240

Components
MotherBoard: GigaByte GA-P55-USB3 F9 (Rev. 2)

Processor: Intel i5 socket 1156 2.63GHz

Ram: OCZ 4GB DDR3 10-10-10-30

OS X: 10.6.8 (Identifies as Mac Pro3,1)

Audio Codec: ALC892
*Note: GA-P55-USB3 F5/F6/F8 (Rev.1) boards use ALC888 Codec

*Note for OS X 10.6.7 and earlier AppleHDA.kext works, at 10.6.8 use the ALC codecs

Graphics: Asus GT240 1GB DRR3 (using NVEnabler set at 1600x900)

HDD: 80GB SataII

Time Machine: 80GB SataII

Keyboard / Mouse: Generic USB

Network Connectivity: Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 (Via MultiBeast)

Wireless Connectivity: Edimax EW-7711UTn (Mini USB) using driver RTUSBD2870_7711 (from Edimax website)

*Only issue with Wireless is that when OS X starts I need to remove and reinsert wireless dongle for connection to be made to my router

Comments

OK so this is my build, have just finally got everything working (including the App Store)

DSDT: DSDT-GA-P55-USB3-2.0-F9.aml

*Note System restarts / shuts down, but takes up to 30 seconds for the desktop background to turn blue

*Note I currently need to restart twice (shortly after AHCI Loads, due to my keyboard not loading the first time around, this may just be my system

Install OS X as usual, and for MultiBeast I used 3.7.3 (I have not tried 3.8)

Use these options:
DSDT (find in the database) place as DSDT.aml in /Extras
check system utilities
in drives and bootloaders select:
>Audio > ALC8xxHDA & under Non-DSDT HDAEnabler select > ALC892
>Graphics > whichever is best for your system, i'm using a GT240 so I used NVEnabler
>Network > Realtek Gigabit Ethernet

install all of them, restart, bearing in mind restart can take some time with this Motherboard, so don't hit the reset button

to get the app store working in 10.6.8 (works naturally in 10.6.7) follow the guide in "iOS > App Store" elsewhere on this forum

Hey man, just wanted to let you know that your not the only one that has to reboot twice or do a hard shutdown for you keyboard to work during boot up.

I have the same mobo revision, and BIOS as you. It might be something in the DSDT.

Its driving me crazy!!!

i just wanted to post in this thread and thank the op. i was trying to install 10.6.8 on a p55-usb3 (rev 2 f9) and couldn;t get it working (would always lock up on the grey apple screen).

i was using the latest version of multibeast, and after seeing this thread used 3.7.3 - which worked! not sure why exactly.... perhaps it is able to implement this boards dsdt better?

the only thing i did different was for the audio i used this method :

http://comosus.wordpress.com/2011/05/13 ... usb3-mobo/

using the op's method didn't work for me.

I have the same motherboard(v2) but BIOS version F5, it is very stable, so I did not update the bios.
I install Lion via Unibeast, pretty easy and straightforward.
My configuration:
i5-750 (2.4Ghz) OC to 3.62 Ghz.
16GB G.SKILL DRR3 1333, OC to 1448 Ghz
XFX ATI HD6850 (use Apple internal driver via GraphicsEnabler=no)
4 hard drives
Lion 10.7.3/ Snow Leopard Server 10.6.8/ Windows 7 Enterprise

iCloud works for me on Lion 10.7.3, FaceTime works for me with Logitech 1080p webcam.
USB3 is also working, testing and comparing speed with Windows 7, seems fine.

Really love this machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back