Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
10.7.2 os x GA- UD3 ??
CPU
i7 865k
Graphics
Black Edition — 4980 XFX
I am having trouble getting the spdif/optical out on this mobo working. I have tried Your database of dsdt/legacyhda. I got sound working but not optical. no light on the end of the cable. I have tried efi strings again got sound working but no optical. I am still trying a combo of efi and dsdt now. am stuck on pinconfiguration. Sleep doesnt seem to work so I figured the dsdt was incomplete. I edited it and with fail as a result.

I need a solid set of eyes and a solid brain to help me out. any takers? What do you need from me/ info-wise?

any links would help I do not post lightly but I am sure I have missed something. so links so that I can read up would be a help.

Thanx in advance.
soran.

Well, it's something we've been looking into as well. We've got the optical part to switch on, but we can't seem to get any audio out of it. So you might have to invest in a different solution until it's solved.

Thats good news as far as I am concerned. Its sometihing. I would like to see and read the information you have on this. I would like to participate on this. I feel I have something to offer.

I got the digital out working err optical out on the GA-P55-UD6. After some testing I will let you know whats up. but I used a combo of vanilla applehda.kext unaltered. efi strings for audio and video also dsdt.

one cable and Ive got sound. not too sure of its limitations yet. soon enough.

soran

Does Apple make a Mac with optical out? I guess a Mac Pro might as Macs are the choice of music pros. I just never have paid it any attention.

They all have optical out and in, via the 3.5mm jacks. You need to use a 3.5mm to Toslink cable to use it though.

We've gotten the optical transmitter to kick in, but there's no sound so...

lectrcman said:
Does Apple make a Mac with optical out? I guess a Mac Pro might as Macs are the choice of music pros. I just never have paid it any attention.
MacPro has Optical In and Optical Out.

Right, I'm such a tard... :oops:

S/PDIF out works by using the standard 889a LegacyHDA, you just have to enable it as the default sound output in the audio settings and as soon as you start playing some audio, it'll activate. The Toslink light is always on in Windows, so I presumed that it didn't work o_O :wave:

Oh well, I guess that clear that up :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back