Contribute
Register

GA-P55-UD3 - No way to set RAM voltage to 1.35V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K OC @ 4.5GHz
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

my i5-Hack is working fine now at 3.2GHz with TurboBoost and SpeedStep enabled. I'm leaving the CPU voltage settings to the motherboard ATM because I got regular KPs when I set them myself.

However, in the voltage settings section of my board's BIOS, I can only set the RAM voltage in 0.1V steps, thus running at 1.4V now with my G.Skill Ecos.
It doesn't make a difference whether I choose the voltage from the list or type it in by hand. In the latter case, it will flip to 1.3V or 1.4V when I hit <enter>.

Any ideas what setting I have to alter to enable a more precise setting? Or is it normal that way?

flatfoot said:
However, in the voltage settings section of my board's BIOS, I can only set the RAM voltage in 0.1V steps, thus running at 1.4V now with my G.Skill Ecos.
It doesn't make a difference whether I choose the voltage from the list or type it in by hand. In the latter case, it will flip to 1.3V or 1.4V when I hit <enter>.
Hi flatfoot,
If you select the XMP Profile for your RAM, and leave to RAM Voltage at [Auto], it will take care of the RAM Voltage as well...
Note that you'll have to reboot into the BIOS after making the change to see the actual voltage changed.

Lnx2Mac

It's me again...

After selecting XMP and setting DRAM Voltage to AUTO, it defaults to 1.440V in BIOS, although directly under the XMP setting it says that the rated voltage is 1.35V...

Is this normal behaviour and does it have something to do with the CPU running at a 21x multiplier in the BIOS? I set the normal multiplier to 20x and BCLK to 160MHz.

Hmmm... Yeah, weird...

If I leave it on Auto it will also be on 1.44V (1.35V rounded up to 1.4V + 0.04V)...
If I set it to 1.3V, it shows 1.34V (1.3V + 0.04V)...

I've seen a some threads over at the gskill forums...
Some say the BIOS doesn't report correct values...

:D GSkill Tech Reps say that if you can't lower your voltage from 1.5V then you can safely run these @1800 :D

Will keep an eye on this, though even at 1.44V these run very cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back