Contribute
Register

GA P55 UD2 10.6.3 (USB) Sleep Fix via DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that some people have issues with sleep, especially wake-up and needing to replug in devices, even if you have a DSDT. Somehow I've managed to avoid these problems, and sleep is 100% working for me.

Comparing the DSDT F8 on this site (well, I think I got the latest), and my own DSDT, I note the difference is that I no longer have the following in the USBx/UHCx sections:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x34, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

I took this out "automatically" when it became apparent that P55 was recognized by 10.6.3, since there's no point to try to spoof the ID.

I still have the "wake-up" sections in UHCx's & EHCx's.
But I don't have the spoof ID section in EHCx's.

I have not tried putting back these sections to see if it really does break sleep, but feel free to try this out!

Hey- tried your fix, as I understood it, and no dice- can you post your DSDT so I can test? Thanks! :mrgreen:

Here it is...there are other differences, like no PS2K, PS2M, but would be surprising if that made any difference. Perhaps it's nothing to do with DSDT!!

Attachments

• dsdt44A.dsl.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 122
I wonder if it might be a difference in the mobo version....I see you are running V1.1, but I think Tony might be using a V1.0?

ltoolio said:
I wonder if it might be a difference in the mobo version....I see you are running V1.1, but I think Tony might be using a V1.0?

ltoolio,
That's a brilliant observation :clap: :clap:

Easy to forget basic h/w stuff, we are so focussed on DSDT, s/w fixes and BIOS versions etc. Although, I guess v1.0 boards sleep/wake USB-OK in Win and Linux, can't imagine the board would have been released with a defect like that.

Anyone else with v1.1 board out there that already has OK sleep?
Or not OK sleep??

P.S. I'm rolled back to F7 BIOS also, I may update agian later, just kind of suffering from "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" anxiety right now!

Hi
tried your fix for my P55A board
the ehc ports are working without device spoofing
but uhc ports arent working without that part
they are (obviously) not shown either in system profiler or ioregistryexplorer
any hint?

One more question:
EHC ports are indeed working natively
are you sure your mouse/keyboard arent hooked up to the EHC devices?
can you post a ss of system profiler?
thanks

ltoolio said:

I've been coding my DSDT to only have two main hubs - ECHI/UCHI or EUSB/USBE and removing all of the ports since 10.6.2. In the ASUS P7P55D-E there are only two hubs in both Mac and Windows under Everest. The P7P55D-E is technically a newer revision. The real iMac also has the exact configuration. In the case of the P7P55D-E I don't know why they still have all of that USB/UCHI code in the DSDT of the ACPI since those ports don't exist and are not recognized in Windows or anything else. Probably just lazy engineers using the same DSDT for dozens of boards (and they do with just tiny differences).

I'm pretty sure that a coming bios update will help correct problems of older boards. A recent EVGA bios update rewrote everything to emphasize two main hubs instead of ports so if it happened there, there's hope for Gigabyte.

humph said:
Anyone else with v1.1 board out there that already has OK sleep?
Or not OK sleep??

My UD2-v1.1 has NOT OK issues with sleep on 1.6.2.

It seems to sleep (it wakes up upon key/mouse press)...
However, on waking up, it enters a regular boot-up process. :(

FatShenanigans said:
ltoolio said:

I've been coding my DSDT to only have two main hubs - ECHI/UCHI or EUSB/USBE and removing all of the ports since 10.6.2. In the ASUS P7P55D-E there are only two hubs in both Mac and Windows under Everest. The P7P55D-E is technically a newer revision. The real iMac also has the exact configuration. In the case of the P7P55D-E I don't know why they still have all of that USB/UCHI code in the DSDT of the ACPI since those ports don't exist and are not recognized in Windows or anything else. Probably just lazy engineers using the same DSDT for dozens of boards (and they do with just tiny differences).

I'm pretty sure that a coming bios update will help correct problems of older boards. A recent EVGA bios update rewrote everything to emphasize two main hubs instead of ports so if it happened there, there's hope for Gigabyte.

iMac 11,1 don't have this code in their DSDT
but MacPro 4,1 (core i7 xeon's) do

if you want just two hubs, you can do it easily on Gigabyte boards too

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    338.9 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back