EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

So I have 10.6.3 working *almost* perfectly right now with my GA-P35-DS3L motherboard, 8800 GTS graphics card and with audio. I even got my Logitech G15 keyboard to work :eek:.

Anyway, I just have a couple of things still broken.

First, my kernel appears to be stuck in 32-bit mode. I installed with the NVIDIA iBoot CD if it matters.

Here is what I get in the system profiler:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D578)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.3.0
Boot Volume: System Disk
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: ####'s iMac
User Name: #### (####)
Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 56 seconds

I tried setting my com.apple.Boot.plist to look like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>-force64</string>
</dict>
</plist>

But it appears to have no effect.

My second problem is that all my SATA devices are undetected (including my DVD-RW drive). Anyone know how to get around that? Perhaps change some BIOS settings?

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh ya, and I forgot. Sleep is broken too ||-.-

Okay, got the sleep problem fixed, but I'm still stuck in 32 bit mode (maybe for the better), and I cannot see any SATA devices.

Right now my priority is seeing my other SATA drives. I set my BIOs to SATA AHCI (might have gotten that acronym wrong); is that what I'm supposed to do? Right now it appears to have no effect. Installing the "JMicron36xSATA" driver also appears to have no effect :(.

Ownaginatious said:
Okay, got the sleep problem fixed, but I'm still stuck in 32 bit mode (maybe for the better), and I cannot see any SATA devices.
Do you mean on the desktop? That is the default setting.

I think I may be getting the wrong impression on how OS X handles 32 and 64-bit. I thought that it was either 64 or 32 only, like how windows and linux systems are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back