Contribute
Register

GA-H87N-WIFI Monitor Issue OR Wake Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-iTX/ac
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, this is my first post so please excuse if this isn't in the right section...

I just recently built my first hackintosh (CustoMac Mini Deluxe - OS X Mavericks) and followed all the steps using:
http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604#install

- I'm not using a DSDT with MultiBeast
- Installed just the audio driver

Everything seems to be working perfectly fine except 1 thing.

1) Whenever I manually switch off my monitor and turn it back on, it doesn't "WAKE-UP" so to speak. I have to do a hard shutdown and then monitor turns back on upon boot.

2) I thought initially that this could be a SLEEP issue, but SLEEP works fine - it's just a matter of "WAKING" it back up I guess.

.... I'm fairly technical but that comes with 15+ years support Windows. I'm by no means an expert with OS X so please provide me any help with some sort of guidance.

- I'm using the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Logitech wireless mouse and they work. I just used a USB keyboard for the installation.

Your help is much appreciated!

Hey Guys

Issue 1:
I have the same Board H87n Wifi and had the same Problems. The one with Display sleep is the Worng AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext , see attachment. This patched kext solved the Problem for me (Used Top HDMI Port on MB). I use now a GTX 660 and Display sleep works out of Box...

View attachment AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip

Issue 2:
My Problem is that Wake from a long sleep 1h to 12h doesn't works properly. Also if i make a few sleep cycles with wake, it works 3 times out of 4 well. If the computer wakes not properly it freezes shortly after wake and reboots. I get a Error Report, an It looks always different.

The other Problem with waking from sleep is unsolved for me and probably there is no answer for this. Some of the possibilities are Defect Hardware (heard MB or Ram) since mine is working with windows i think its not the issue. I did also the Memtest and everything passed.

Actually i run on Clover EFI boot and have the the same issues with sleep as i had with chimera/chameleon. My opinion is this is related to OSX Mavericks, Kext, Dsdt or something like this. I read also in Mac Forums they have similar Problems on purchased Apple Macs ....

Are there user with flawlessly working wake from sleep on the GA H87N-WIFI ? o_O Has someone made a DSDT for this Board even it works quite goo Without?

Cheers

thanks it worked better with the patched AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext, where did you get it?

but I still have some issue having two monitors at the same time.

what option do you
IGPlatformID and IGPEnabler?

what kind of value do you have in you smbios.plist?

thanks

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back