Graphics
Integrated HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I built my hack according to one of the "golden builds" but used a cooler master elite 130 case and the case fan does not spin.

I have tried reconnecting/turning around the connectors, etc to no avail. Does anybody have any idea on a compatible case fan I can pop into the 120/122mm slot where my current case fan is?

Thanks!

How have you connected the fan? is there a fan controller on the case, or is it connected to one of the fan headers on the motherboard? Would try connecting the fan to different headers/another power source to check if the fan of the motherboard is the problem.

Any 120mm fan will fit. There are hundreds to choose from! Can get all different colours and even ones with LEDs if that's your thing!

Generally the more expensive ones (e.g. Noctua) are quieter and have dust/water resistant properties.

So, I built my hack according to one of the "golden builds" but used a cooler master elite 130 case and the case fan does not spin.

I have tried reconnecting/turning around the connectors, etc to no avail. Does anybody have any idea on a compatible case fan I can pop into the 120/122mm slot where my current case fan is?

Thanks!

same setup, everything is running fine here!

have you used sys_fan, not cpu_fan?
how you put the 3 pin in to 4 pin, (pin4 should not be used!)

I looked at my mainboard, there is only one way to put it in, what do you mean by turning around?

:rolleyes:

sorry this is so late, I'm no longer getting notified when there is a reply to my post.

That said, I plugged into the sys_fan port and nothing ever happened. Instead, I found if I plug it directly into the PSU instead I can get the fan to spin, but no control any longer.

As as for not using the 4th pin, that's what I did the very first time and I thought it must be wrong since I wasn't getting any spin. Perhaps I plugged into the wrong 3 pins?

is it really a matter of plugging in one side or the other on the motherboard's pin slots? For that matter, why not use all 4? The motherboard has a built in fan control that the fourth pin is for, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back