Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone! I am well on the way to my first optimized hackintosh build (hopefully) and was hoping you could offer some advice. Here's how things have gone down so far and my issues...

Specs :
Mobo - GA-h81N (Gigabyte)
CPU - 3.2 Gighertz i5 w/ 4600 Integrated Graphics
RAM - 8GB Ram
HD - Crucial MX 120GB

I followed the guide at http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html to begin my installation. Everything went according to plan at the beginning. I installed Os X and booted into the system from the unibeast installer. From there I downloaded multibeast and installed with the default options for DSDT Free and the correct audio codec (ALC887), removed the USB stick and rebooted. (found instructions here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/151388-gigabyte-ga-h81n-yosemite-compatible.html)

From there I got the boot0 error which I was able to fix by booting into the unibeast installer and modifying the disk via terminal. Success! Once again I rebooted the system, and it dropped into Os X this time (woohoo) but unfortunately now the Ethernet was broken and I still no audio. From here I reloaded multibeast and chose the appropriate Ethernet driver. That worked great and the computer connected to the wired network shortly afterwords.

So now I have a fully functional machine, with no audio :banghead: ? I am at a brick wall, any suggestions ? I looked at http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html but the instructions completely confuse me. I've installed the latest codecs, and tried using multibeast 6.1.0 as suggested in (http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/151388-gigabyte-ga-h81n-yosemite-compatible.html). Help a brother out ?

Thanks, I'm trying the solutions listed now. One of the dumb things I did before asking here was attemping to install voodooHDA which failed miserably and left a broken preference panel and errors popping up. Is there any way to get back to the default configuration before multibeast was run ?

Thanks, I'm trying the solutions listed now. One of the dumb things I did before asking here was attemping to install voodooHDA which failed miserably and left a broken preference panel and errors popping up. Is there any way to get back to the default configuration before multibeast was run ?

You could use FindAnyFile to track down all instances of voodooHDA and then delete them.

Or, you could just reinstall.

Good Luck

I just opted for using audio out on my computer and setting up some computer speakers next to the TV. The speakers are actually better then the ones in the TV, so it works out. Never got HDMI audio to passthrough, but, you win some you lose some. The build is now up and running 100%. :) I guess you could call this a success with one caveat.

I am having trouble booting into the yosemite installer on my ga-H81N, i3 4330, intel 4600HD machine. I have built 1 other hackintosh with "Buyer's Guide" parts, and it was relatively easy.

I cannot get the installer to boot on this one though. The chimera screen loads, but the installer hangs after all of the kexts are loaded. (ususally 1/8th of the way on the apple loading screen.)

Anyway, do you remember what you did to get your machine to work? Were their any boot flag combos?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I am having trouble booting into the yosemite installer on my ga-H81N, i3 4330, intel 4600HD machine. I have built 1 other hackintosh with "Buyer's Guide" parts, and it was relatively easy.

I cannot get the installer to boot on this one though. The chimera screen loads, but the installer hangs after all of the kexts are loaded. (ususally 1/8th of the way on the apple loading screen.)

Anyway, do you remember what you did to get your machine to work? Were their any boot flag combos?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Boot with flag "-v" and post a photo of the frozen screen.

Currently Here are my specs:

Motherbaord: GA-H81N
Processor: i3 4330
onboard intel 4600HD graphics

Bios Settings:
(Press F7 to load optimized defaults)
VT-d is grayed out
CFG-Lock - I couldn't find this setting
Secure Boot - Disabled
OS Type - Other OS

My monitor is VGA, but I got the same screen when I hooked it up through hdmi to my TV.

Then It loads the boot screen, I booted with -v flag, and this was the result:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 12.53.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 12.53.12 PM.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 342
Thats quite common crash place (for use search). Try all so with -x nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back