GA-H77N-WIFI F4
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I have a new desktop system (you can see the configuration in my signature). My display is LG M2232D-PZ and I'm using it with pure HDMI to HDMI cable and I have both the picture and the sound from the computer thanks to the DSDT from the download section. Everything works like it should, but there is something strange: the display sleep is set to 10 minutes in OSX. When the display goes to sleep, after maybe a second, the display wakes up with a "HDMI bla bla bla connecting" message on the screen, then immediately goes to sleep again and this continues over and over again. Is it a problem with the display or with the graphics card (HD 4000), I've played with the settigs of the display, but I found no solution there. Interesting, when I turn the computer off, the display goes to sleep normally, but when it's forced from the OS (no matter OSX or Windows 7), it starts to cycle between the wake and the sleep. And one more thing: when I use the HDMI port, I have picture all the time, when I connect the display to the DVI port via DVI to HDMI cable, I have picture only during the boot proccess, in the login screen I'm loosing the signal from the computed (at least the display says so). Any suggestion will be appreciated.

No problem with GA-H77N-WiFi (DSDT,HDMI) and a Samsung TV, display sleep is fine.
Did you try the 2 HDMI ports ? On my hack, only the lower work well with TV

But I have another problem with sleep.
The computer goes sleep well.
With a single press of a keyboard button, fans and disks wake up, but the screen stay black. I had to wait between 5 to 10 minutes before the display is back.

In Console, no log between the computer goes sleep and the display is back.

Without DSDST, sleep/wake in fine.

No problem with GA-H77N-WiFi (DSDT,HDMI) and a Samsung TV, display sleep is fine.
Did you try the 2 HDMI ports ? On my hack, only the lower work well with TV

But I have another problem with sleep.
The computer goes sleep well.
With a single press of a keyboard button, fans and disks wake up, but the screen stay black. I had to wait between 5 to 10 minutes before the display is back.

In Console, no log between the computer goes sleep and the display is back.

Without DSDST, sleep/wake in fine.

I've tried both HDMI ports, but the result is one and the same. The TV really works perfect except when it has to be put into sleep mode by the OS after some time and this happens in both Windows and OS X. I suspect it's the HDMI specification, which the TV supports, but it's really not so big deal.

I had the same problem with the sleep and the DSDT from the Tonymac's DSDT database, but I fixed it by patching my own vanilla DSDT with this patch (I assembled it myself). Simply extract your vanilla DSDT (no matter how - from Windows, Linux or booting OS X without DSDT) and patch it with the DSDT Editor, the DSDT Auto Patcher or MaciASL. This patch should work with all future versions of the DSDT for this board.

but I fixed it by patching my own vanilla DSDT with this patch (I assembled it myself). Simply extract your vanilla DSDT (no matter how - from Windows, Linux or booting OS X without DSDT) and patch it with the DSDT Editor, the DSDT Auto Patcher or MaciASL. This patch should work with all future versions of the DSDT for this board.

Thanks for sharing your patch. I'll give a try.

Finally I do the same: a new dsdt with SMBUS patch.

For the TV, I agree. The problem come from the TV ,I know some people have overscan problem.

Hi All! I have a motherboard Gigabyte H77N-WiFi, please help with the creation of DSDT for her, after a DSDT where it needs to be copied?

Hi All! I have a motherboard Gigabyte H77N-WiFi, please help with the creation of DSDT for her, after a DSDT where it needs to be copied?

1. Extract your vanilla DSDT and save it somewhere. You can read how to do this here.
2. Install MacIASL and start it.
3. Open your vanilla DSDT (File/Open). Go to Tools/Patch, click on Open, select this patch and click Apply and when the Apply button becomes inactive, click on Close.
4. Click the Compile button on the toolbar. A little window will appear with some messages, there should be 1 warning and 8 remarks, ignore them and close this little window.
5. Go to File/Save as and save the file in /Extra as DSDT.aml. Don't forget to set the File format to ACPI Machine Language Binary. Now you may restart the PC.

That's pretty much all.

Hi,

I can only make this motherboard sleep (and wake!) if I type DSDT=No, at boot. That gives me sleep, with the DSDT tonymac has in this forum, and also when I reinstall Multibeast 5.3 without the DSDT. Sound works both ways.
Tried to make it simple and added DSDT=No, to Bootplist, but that did not work strangely enough.

Also tried for fun this patch philip_petev talks about, but it would not compile with my vanilla DSDT, that I made.
Maybe my system got corrupted, since DSDT=No, takes away what it says, but I must use it even when the comp is setup without DSDT.

It would be nice if I had not to write this DSDT at boot, so any suggestions are welcome.

Hi,

I can only make this motherboard sleep (and wake!) if I type DSDT=No, at boot. That gives me sleep, with the DSDT tonymac has in this forum, and also when I reinstall Multibeast 5.3 without the DSDT. Sound works both ways.
Tried to make it simple and added DSDT=No, to Bootplist, but that did not work strangely enough.

Also tried for fun this patch philip_petev talks about, but it would not compile with my vanilla DSDT, that I made.
Maybe my system got corrupted, since DSDT=No, takes away what it says, but I must use it even when the comp is setup without DSDT.

It would be nice if I had not to write this DSDT at boot, so any suggestions are welcome.

Post your vanilla DSDT.

Hi RehabMan,

This is my vanilla DSDT (1 error 2 warnings 8 remarks 113 Optimizations)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 75

Attachments

• DSDT-danilovitch.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back