Contribute
Register

GA-H77-DS3H, i5-3570K, 16GB, HD 6450 1GB/HD4000 - Clean or upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte HD 6450 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
NO MULTIBEAST NECESSARY (maybe)!

I ran into a few strange errors trying to install this the first couple times, but when it worked it worked flawlessly. Hopefully this can help people who are running into issues with their graphics card or HD4000 graphics during installation. Removing your video card is not necessary!

Before I did this I removed ATI6000Controller.kext from /S/L/E/, backed it up to another drive, and reinstalled with Kexthelper after first boot. I am not sure if this ended up being necessary, probably not.

1. In UEFI BIOS, enable Internal Graphics (NOT "Auto" mode, use "Enable"). Set Internal Graphics shared VRAM to 64MB. You can increase this later.
  2. Set Init Display First to internal graphics.
  3. Hook up your monitor to internal graphics, hit f10+enter, reboot and you should see boot screen. I only used the DVI port.
  4. Install from UniBeasted USB drive
    1. After ML installer reboots, make sure you select your boot drive from USB drives' Chimera.
  5. Log into OS X, reinstall your graphics Kext if you have to
  6. Run Multibeast, with this board you wil need to install at least AtherosL1c driver AND EasyBeast. If you don't install these two, you may notice OS X will hang and fail to finish booting.
  7. If you are using an HD 6450 you will probably need to boot with AtiConfig=Pithecia after installing EasyBeast. I ran into a black screen installing EasyBeast and not setting any options for the ATI card. If you are using HD4000 make sure you add your screen resolution or it will boot to 1024*768

Sleep, ethernet, everything works fine without needing to run Multibeast afterwards. You will need to use Multibeast for internal audio, which I dont test since I only use my E-MU 0404 USB for sound output.

Could you elaborate on your BIOS settings

Hi There

You have practically the same setup as I have. However, I am having big troubles intalling ML. I am currently running Lion 10.7.4 with everything except sleep/wake working fine. I tried several installation methods, but all lead to the point where it loads all the kexts and then the screens turns for a short moment to white and you can see the apple, but then it suddently reboots. I wanted to ask you which version of the BIOS you have (I have upgraded a couple of weeks ago and have F5 right now). Also did you do anything special in your BIOS settings?

Thanks in Advance

Hi There

You have practically the same setup as I have. However, I am having big troubles intalling ML. I am currently running Lion 10.7.4 with everything except sleep/wake working fine. I tried several installation methods, but all lead to the point where it loads all the kexts and then the screens turns for a short moment to white and you can see the apple, but then it suddently reboots. I wanted to ask you which version of the BIOS you have (I have upgraded a couple of weeks ago and have F5 right now). Also did you do anything special in your BIOS settings?

Thanks in Advance

I ran into the white screen a few times too, but mine never started rebooting. If you haven't tried removing and reinstalling the ATI6000Controller kext, you might want to try that. You might also want to make sure you're not using your video card at all, only integrated graphics until the point where you reinstall the ATI6000Controller kext. If it still crashes you might want to remove your HD6860 altogether to see if that works although i believe you will be unable to get full QE CI with the HD4000...

I can take some screenshots of BIOS though if you want. Basically, make sure you have Init Display First set to integrated graphics and turn off everything you don't need (like all the serial ports etc in Super IO config etc...) Make sure you're booting with -v also so you can hopefully see the cause of your reboots, also try and use GraphicsEnabler=No to start up if you haven't done that.

Turns out I'm actually using BIOS version F3, I guess I should upgrade!

0EaD8.png

6yzC8.png

ELwlt.png

No9Hn.png

Attachments

• 0EaD8.png
    0EaD8.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 671
NO MULTIBEAST NECESSARY!

I ran into a few strange errors trying to install this the first couple times, but when it worked it worked flawlessly. Hopefully this can help people who are running into issues with their graphics card or HD4000 graphics during installation. Removing your video card is not necessary!

Before I did this I removed ATI6000Controller.kext from /S/L/E/, backed it up to another drive, and reinstalled with Kexthelper after first boot. I am not sure if this ended up being necessary, probably not.

1. In UEFI BIOS, enable Internal Graphics (NOT "Auto" mode, use "Enable"). Set Internal Graphics shared VRAM to 64MB. You can increase this later.
  2. Set Init Display First to internal graphics.
  3. Hook up your monitor to internal graphics, hit f10+enter, reboot and you should see boot screen. I only used the DVI port.
  4. Install from UniBeasted USB drive
    1. After ML installer reboots, make sure you select your boot drive from USB drives' Chimera.
  5. Log into OS X, reinstall your graphics Kext if you have to

Sleep, ethernet, everything works fine without needing to run Multibeast afterwards. You will need to use Multibeast for internal audio, which I dont test since I only use my E-MU 0404 USB for sound output.

Is 6450 HD working fine with ML?

It worked!

Thanks thousand times for the screenshots! I was able to install ML now!!!!!!!

Using Chameleon r2030

I didn't use easyBeast because I think it is overloaded with stuff that isn't needed to run the GA-H77-DS3H. In Multibeast I only installed FakeSMC and AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement (allthough I think the latter you don't really need). I installed Chameleon 2.1 r2030.

crunky404- Thanks for the post - I followed it to build my first hackintosh with the same MB and processor with 10.8.2.

In my experience, I could not get ML to install at first, regardless of the boot options I used, until I removed the ATI6000Controller.kext that you mention. Once I removed this kext, ML installed flawlessly, so I think this is a mandatory step, not optional, as you indicate.

(note to newbies like myself, you will not see the kext file, or its directories, until you show the hidden files - search this forum - there is a single command you must enter in the terminal to do this).

In multibeast, I selected EasyBeast, sound and internet drivers only.

I'm using analog sound and DVI from the built-in graphics, and so far everything thing seems to be working great. Does anyone know if we need to use FakeSMC and AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement in MultiBeast? Are the needed, or optional? What do they do?

Anyhow, thanks to everyone on this site. It made it really easy to build my first hackintosh. I hope this helps others try to do the same thing.

Hi
I need some help.
1. How do you delete the kext.
2. When you delete the kext do youo re-install it or do your re-boot first.
if you re-boot then do use the USB or remove the USB.
4. Once you re-install to install multibeast or re-boot first.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back