Graphics
Gforce 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I'm building my second Hackintosh. I love it. I'm just having problems with HD4000. So here are my Specs first off and I will tell you how how my build went.

Mother Board
GA-H77-DS3H

CPU
Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770

RAM
Corsair 32GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Quad Ki CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10

SOLID STATE DRIVE
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-240G-G25

POWER SUPPLY
Corsair Enthusiast Series CP-9020039-NA650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power Supply

CASE
Antec VSK-4000E ATX Mid Tower Case

WIFI
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n,WEP, WPA/WPA2

MOUSE AND KEYBOARD IM USING WHAT I HAD AROUND BUT PICKING UP APPLE PRODUCTS TOMORROW WITH BLUETOOTH DONGLE WITH A SAMSUNG MONITOR.

So lets get into this build. So I printed out everything the home page recommends. Went to Canada Computers. I wanted the GA-Z77-DS3H board. After I had everything installed I figured out it was GA-H77-DS3H REv1.1. I'm an idiot. From what I've read on here there is not much difference. I could be wrong. I just gave the guy a list and he put it together on a cart and it was almost closing time so it was a dash for time.

I'm starting out so my knowledge is not the greatest. I try to use these forums the best I can but I need a little help.

So I got OSX installed. I got everything to work fine. As in start and shut down without usb. I got audio to work. Everything seems to work fine. I can't seem to figure out the HD 4000 part of this install.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist looks like this right

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have to change the res to fix my new monitor I pick up tomorrow.

Now as of right now Im using HDMI to HDMI for display. I dont know if DVI to HDMI makes a difference.

I'm building this for adobe use only. All Video. So After Effects and what not. I know I should be buying a video card and at some point I will be. My on board is working as of right now. It seems fine. I just see everyone talking about HD4000 and I'm a noob.

Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0162
Revision ID: 0x0009
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

This is what my graphics is looking like now.

If ANYONE could help me or point me into the right direction. I've tried to read through threads and I'm just getting lost. Any help would be great. I just want OK gfx for the time being until I can afford a proper GFX card.

This seems to be my only problem at the moment like I said. I'm new so please be kind on the comments. I'm just looking to fit in and learn something and get this right and start working on some cool projects with my new build.

Thanks in advance.

illvibe

Also, My total build was under $950 which was great and very affordable for what I got. I just happened to build on the right day when they had some deals going on.

@illvide, what is the issue you are facing ? Sorry, I'm a bit confused as you are saying everything is working fine, except the graphics ? If you are not able to see the UI,

Try booting in single user mode, ( -s)
mount the root filesystem using mount -uw /
Edit the boot plist file using the command
nano /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

set GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I was able to use the Hdmi ports without any problems.

Note: Make sure that you have your bios settings to have the onboard graphics enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back