Contribute
Register

GA-H67MA-USB3-D3 / 2500K - Easiest Hackintosh Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShadowTD said:
Is there anything that can be done about the forcible USB drive unmount when sleeping? It's become a bit annoying... :(
I have the same problem :(

Cant get into install menu can anybody help `? - Always have this reboot prob

Do you get to the boot loader with the Tonymac logo at the top?

*BUMP*

Still on 10.7.3 because I've not fancied mucking around to get the SSDT stuff sorted. However, I did update the BIOS to F8 and install the new DSDT to supposedly sort out the USB wake-from-sleep issues. It's made not a jot of difference - has anyone who's installed one of these new DSDT's seen a change in USB sleep behaviour?

hey how r you doing shadowtd?

how is your build doing??

I think i am going to build one with the same parts as yours, except a small case like this: http://www.amazon.com/MI-008-Tower-Black-Chassis-Supply/dp/B001H0BA24/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1340302922&sr=1-1&keywords=APEX+MI-008

would you be so kind to direct me to the guide you followed and let me know how is wireless working , did you buy a separate card??

Thanks, sorry but i am a first time builder here an I am a little confused with so much info
here.. which is why i am following your build because you said it is so easy!

thanks

Hi there Amoretam. I followed the 2011 Mac Mini guide, but with a different board and case. I don't use wireless on this machine - I'm hardwired.

Anyone got any comments on sleep behaviour with the new DSDT's?

This has to have been the easiest thing ever. I had waaaaaay more issues when I built a Win7 MCE box two years ago. This took about 3 hours going at a very leisurely pace as I was chatting with my grandad the whole time!

From this:

Untitled by ShadowTD, on Flickr

Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz
Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD
LiteOn iHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW
Powercool Modular 550W PSU
D-Link DBT120

To this:

Untitled by ShadowTD, on Flickr

With a minimum of fuss. I updated the BIOS to F4 straight from a USB stick, rebooted with my Sandisk Cruzer 8GB Unibeast (10.7.2, downloaded on my 10.6 MBP). Shortly after the 'choose your volume' screen I was getting a beep and a reboot which was fixed with npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=1. Straight in to the installer, format, install (about 4 minutes!), reboot, MultiBeast (very similar options to the Mini, except no SATA kexts, just IOBlockStorageInjector), reboot, new audio kexts from tmx86 and BANG ON. Sleep works fine from the apple menu, but it won't do it itself - no real problem. Even with the new audio kexts, there's still a bit of a pop if you've not been using audio for a while but it's fine for music. External HDD's are forcibly unmounted waking from sleep but I guess that's just one of those things.

Apart from that, this thing is stable and FAST. I've never seen iMovie or iPhoto run like this - if you're considering an SSD at all with current HDD prices, for the love of god do it! Total cost of build: £508. Me: Delighted! Cinebench CPU is 5.18, and a 6870 is on the cards in a couple of months time. The D-Link bluetooth dongle I've had kicking around the cupboard since I had my G4 Cube, and it's got the Mac FW with the wake-from-sleep functionality :D

Oh, and I donated as well. If you've used Unibeast, you sort of should... :headbang:

Have you installed Yosemite or El Capitan on this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back