Contribute
Register

GA-H61M-DS2 v2.2 F7 DSDT (0 Errors) + How-to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, recently built my first Hackintosh build. I recently read through a lot of your posts about the GA H61m-ds2 rev 2.2 F7. I tried the DSDT from your post and I got a kernel panic.

But first, here is my build:

H61m-DS2 rev 2.2 F7 UEFI (of course)
Core i5 2500k (using HD3000 via VGA)
8GB DDr3
750 GB Seagate HDD
Running 10.8.2

So... I resulted to going DSDT free and installing just the essential kexts. I got HD Audio working 100 percent. I have a USB dongle that works great for Wifi. Ethernet not needed for me.

You seemed very intelligent and educated in hackintoshing and specifically for MY BOARD. I have no experience or knowledge in DSDT/Kext modifying and editing.

I was wondering if you could personalize a DSDT for me? My goals are to get HD3000 working with QE/CI. Obviously 61m-ds2 only has onboard VGA which is not supported. However if you could somehow modify a patched kext to make it work for me, i would highly appreciate that. Also, my second and final concern is Sleep. My hackintosh can sleep and wake fine. Problem is i get a white screen when i sleep and when i wake it goes back to the log in. I don't like the white screen.

If you could edit a DSDT for me to get VGA HD3000 QE/CI working with this board and power management and fully functional sleep I could not appreciate it enough.

You seemed very generous in your posts and I hope you could help me out. You seem like a very intelligent individual and I hope to hear back! Thanks a lot. Appreciate your time as well.

Happy computing!
-theconsumer1

Hey man, recently built my first Hackintosh build. I recently read through a lot of your posts about the GA H61m-ds2 rev 2.2 F7. I tried the DSDT from your post and I got a kernel panic.

But first, here is my build:

H61m-DS2 rev 2.2 F7 UEFI (of course)
Core i5 2500k (using HD3000 via VGA)
8GB DDr3
750 GB Seagate HDD
Running 10.8.2

So... I resulted to going DSDT free and installing just the essential kexts. I got HD Audio working 100 percent. I have a USB dongle that works great for Wifi. Ethernet not needed for me.

You seemed very intelligent and educated in hackintoshing and specifically for MY BOARD. I have no experience or knowledge in DSDT/Kext modifying and editing.

I was wondering if you could personalize a DSDT for me? My goals are to get HD3000 working with QE/CI. Obviously 61m-ds2 only has onboard VGA which is not supported. However if you could somehow modify a patched kext to make it work for me, i would highly appreciate that. Also, my second and final concern is Sleep. My hackintosh can sleep and wake fine. Problem is i get a white screen when i sleep and when i wake it goes back to the log in. I don't like the white screen.

If you could edit a DSDT for me to get VGA HD3000 QE/CI working with this board and power management and fully functional sleep I could not appreciate it enough.

You seemed very generous in your posts and I hope you could help me out. You seem like a very intelligent individual and I hope to hear back! Thanks a lot. Appreciate your time as well.

Happy computing!
-theconsumer1
Thanks, mate. You just made my day! :D
As for enabling the HD 3000 on your motherboard, here's a link to a post by PippoX0 where you can enable it via VGA with QE/CI: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=36335
I was skimming through the comments and read that you will not get your desired resolution via VGA. Someone tested in changing the resolution and ended up with a black screen. To be honest, that's a little advanced for me. :lol:

I've just purchased the Rev 2.2 F7 version of your H61M-DS2 MB. I'm trying to install Lion using the G540 cpu and Radeon HD 6670 Graphics card. When booting from unibeast USB I get a KP which states "Panic CPU 0 caller Should have 2 threads but only found 3 for Die 0" Is this a problem with the G540 CPU? I've tried all possible boot flags and arguments but no luck at all to get past the KP and install Lion. Can you help ?

:beachball:

I've just purchased the Rev 2.2 F7 version of your H61M-DS2 MB. I'm trying to install Lion using the G540 cpu and Radeon HD 6670 Graphics card. When booting from unibeast USB I get a KP which states "Panic CPU 0 caller Should have 2 threads but only found 3 for Die 0" Is this a problem with the G540 CPU? I've tried all possible boot flags and arguments but no luck at all to get past the KP and install Lion. Can you help ?

:beachball:
Did you set the controller on the UEFI BIOS to SATA, not IDE? Also, since you are using a Radeon HD 6670, have you used the boot flag AtiPorts=3? Have you even tried GraphicsEnabler=No? List the boot flags you have used.

DSCF0555 copy.JPG
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried GE=No GE=Yes PCIRootUID=0 PCIRootUID=1 ATIPorts=3 etc. I also tried installing Win 7 with this board and G540 cpu and it worked fine. UEFI is set to AHCI mode. Here is a photo of the KP screen if that would be helpful. Also added my UEFI settings. Just above the KP it says there are two cpu id's is that correct?

DSCF0554.JPG TRS 2012-11-30 at 10.24.57 PM.jpg

View attachment 39972
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried GE=No GE=Yes PCIRootUID=0 PCIRootUID=1 ATIPorts=3 etc. I also tried installing Win 7 with this board and G540 cpu and it worked fine. UEFI is set to AHCI mode. Here is a photo of the KP screen if that would be helpful. Also added my UEFI settings. Just above the KP it says there are two cpu id's is that correct?

View attachment 39892 View attachment 39894
Yes, you are correct. Hmm, this is going to be tough. Are you using the Lion version of UniBeast? Which version of OS X Lion is in the USB? Also, see if you can remove the graphics card and try to boot to the installer with UniBeast. It confuses me that the G540 works with no errors in Windows 7 but yet gives a KP when loading the installer. The CPU seems to be OK, but something related to the CPU is not letting you reach the installer.

I tried to boot without the graphics card via vga but it gave a blank screen. Do you use the same G540 cpu with a GT640? and what brand of Nvidia gfx card are you using? It's the first consumer release of Lion 10.7.0 made with unibeast. I think it has something to do with the uefi bios and the 6670 card as I've used it (6670) before with a G530 on a conventional bios board and it worked right away with no boot flags. I'll keep working on this and let you know what happens, thanks !

I tried to boot without the graphics card via vga but it gave a blank screen. Do you use the same G540 cpu with a GT640? and what brand of Nvidia gfx card are you using? It's the first consumer release of Lion 10.7.0 made with unibeast. I think it has something to do with the uefi bios and the 6670 card as I've used it (6670) before with a G530 on a conventional bios board and it worked right away with no boot flags. I'll keep working on this and let you know what happens, thanks !
Very well. I'll look into your BIOS settings again. Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default settings?

I've got Lion installed and working now. Going Bald (tonymac member) told me to install on an i3-2105 customac and then transfer the HD back into this new build. It then worked with GE=No. I did use your DSDT for this H61m-Ds2 board and it worked very well. Thanks for all your help ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back