Contribute
Register

GA-H61M-DS2 v2.2 F7 DSDT (0 Errors) + How-to

Status
Not open for further replies.
When booting with DSDT, somthings (read... read...) logged and computer automatic restart, nothing else. I must re-install to do anything else. I cannot get log file without login success Mac OS.

PS: I use Unibeat to build a bootable partition (_Mac) in hard disk to install Mac (build in other computer) and USB (is the same bootable). After Mac installed, Mac partition have no boot loader. So I boot from _Mac and some error logged but still boot successfully to Mac. After use MultiBeast to install boot loader and DSDT (and patch kexts in this tutorial) to Mac, computer cannot boot into Mac or _Mac. I must use USB to boot into _Mac and re-install Mac successfully.

PS: I have just read "NOTE: Gigabyte UEFI motherboards don't require a DSDT." in this topic: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. Do you have any ideas for my mainboard (the same to your)?

When booting with DSDT, somthings (read... read...) logged and computer automatic restart, nothing else. I must re-install to do anything else. I cannot get log file without login success Mac OS.

PS: I use Unibeat to build a bootable partition (_Mac) in hard disk to install Mac (build in other computer) and USB (is the same bootable). After Mac installed, Mac partition have no boot loader. So I boot from _Mac and some error logged but still boot successfully to Mac. After use MultiBeast to install boot loader and DSDT (and patch kexts in this tutorial) to Mac, computer cannot boot into Mac or _Mac. I must use USB to boot into _Mac and re-install Mac successfully.

PS: I have just read "NOTE: Gigabyte UEFI motherboards don't require a DSDT." in this topic: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. Do you have any ideas for my mainboard (the same to your)?

What does the error say? Please post your PC specs. Also, I've heard about UEFI not needing a DSDT. I will test and report back later.

PS: Have you configured your BIOS?

Not error display, PC auto-reset. I device not use DSDT and install similar using EasyBeast without Chameleon installed and is really good.
DSDT is need more time to fix it...
Thank your support, ortizge!

Not error display, PC auto-reset. I device not use DSDT and install similar using EasyBeast without Chameleon installed and is really good.
DSDT is need more time to fix it...
Thank your support, ortizge!

No problem. :thumbup: By the way, I reinstalled Mountain Lion without using a DSDT and it works beautifully. Sleep works as well when pressing the power button and wakes up when I press a key on the keyboard. UEFI is awesome. I might not even use the DSDT. :lol:

You should get a graphics card that's supported. You won't be disappointed.

I'm having some trouble with this motherboard. It wont detect any removable disks Can you help?

Hi,

I have the same Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 v2.2 F7 motherboard and successfully build a hackintosh out of it. Using UniBeast and MultiBeast, my system worked (sleep, wake, etc) even without a DSDT.aml file, activating ethernet and sound via kexts.

The problem was that without a DSDT.aml activating sound required two kexts (patched AppleHDA + HDAEnabler), instead of one.

So, I tried to use your DSDT.aml file (from the start of the thread) and was successful in activating sound via a single Kext (patched AppleHDA for the ALC887 from MultiBeast 5.0.2), but got problems with sleep/wake functionality: the system went to sleep, yet refused to activate the display when trying to wake it from sleep.

Knowing that my system perfectly worked even without a DSDT.aml file, I removed it and booted the system without a DSDT, made a .dsl dump with DSDTSE app, compiled it without any errors (it compiled even in vanilla form), tested it and it worked. After that, a ported over you audio fixes from your DSDT.aml file to mine DSDT.aml file: the HPET section and the "Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)" part. After that I got a DSDT.aml file that gave me both the working sleep functionality and enabling audio via a single patched AppleHDA.kext.

So, if someone need it, here's my DSDT.aml file:

View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

Hi,

I have the same Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 v2.2 F7 motherboard and successfully build a hackintosh out of it. Using UniBeast and MultiBeast, my system worked (sleep, wake, etc) even without a DSDT.aml file, activating ethernet and sound via kexts.

The problem was that without a DSDT.aml activating sound required two kexts (patched AppleHDA + HDAEnabler), instead of one.

So, I tried to use your DSDT.aml file (from the start of the thread) and was successful in activating sound via a single Kext (patched AppleHDA for the ALC887 from MultiBeast 5.0.2), but got problems with sleep/wake functionality: the system went to sleep, yet refused to activate the display when trying to wake it from sleep.

Knowing that my system perfectly worked even without a DSDT.aml file, I removed it and booted the system without a DSDT, made a .dsl dump with DSDTSE app, compiled it without any errors (it compiled even in vanilla form), tested it and it worked. After that, a ported over you audio fixes from your DSDT.aml file to mine DSDT.aml file: the HPET section and the "Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)" part. After that I got a DSDT.aml file that gave me both the working sleep functionality and enabling audio via a single patched AppleHDA.kext.

So, if someone need it, here's my DSDT.aml file:

View attachment 36190

Glad you god it fixed. Does DSDTs from Mountain Lion work for Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back