1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Using MultiBeast 3.10.1 for Snow Leopard. MacOSX 10.6.8

Building with a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 v1.2 FB motherboard, i5 3.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM. This motherboard has three audio jacks (line in, line out, mic in) on the rear panel, and the case has two jacks (headphone, microphone) on the front panel.

I installed from 10.6.3 retail DVD, then updated to 10.6.8 with UpdateHelper. Then I ran MultiBeast UserDSDT install with the FB DSDT in the database. Rebooted fine from internal HD. Then I ran MultiBeast again to install the ethernet (Realtek Gigabit) with System Utils and rebooted. Ethernet working.

Tried installing audio with ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, and the ALC887/888b enabler. No sound, no options in output devices or input devices. Tried without the enabler (another fresh install) to no avail. That's when I started searching all the posts in the forum about the ALC887 audio problems and saw one where karacho listed two different audio installs (with or without DSDT). My version does not have the option to install any HDA enablers patched for DSDT. Only the non-DSDT category is listed. There is a DSDT.aml file in my Extras directory.

Currently, I have removed all the audio kext files, rebuilt caches and permissions and rebooted. Everything works but the audio. Interestingly, System Profiler lists an audio device with 10 ports. It is listed as "Intel High Definition Audio" with Audio ID: 887

System Preferences - Sound has no outputs or inputs listed to select...

Pulling out what little hair I have left... Can anyone point me in a direction to resolve this?

Many thanks;
Jeff

Well... I bit the bullet and purchased Lion...

Good news is that with the patched AppleHDA and proper enabler, I have sound. Front panel jacks don't work, but I don't think I care... I never use headphones and my webcam has a mic in it..

Would have been nice to get it working in SL, but I'll see where Lion takes me. Already an excuse to upgrade iPhoto.

Can u post a screenshot of wat u actually selected in multibeast?
Im on 10.7.2 on a ga-h61m-ds2 with alc887 audio and ant figure it out..

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back