Contribute
Register

GA-H55M-USB3, SUCCESS! Almost Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all :wave:
I am quite new to the hackitnsoh world, and I'm thankful that theres and avtive thread about what I've got. Ive assembled a setup (on the cheap) with the following:
-Gigabyte H55M-USB3 (not sure with bios version, will try tó find out later on)
-Intel core i3 530 2.93Ghz
-6gb DDR3 1333mhz (2*4gb ocz and 2*1 gb kingston)
-WD 1TB caviar black HDD
-Graphics card.. To be ordered.. Any recommendations on an graphics card, very hackmac compatible, mid ranged (no harcore gaming)etc..? There are obviously the 9500 and 9800s, but i was wondering if there would be a more recent one in the 2xx series that would be equally suitable?
-a bog standard lg cd dvd drive.

Could somebody please give me a quick up to date summary on what i need to use in multibeast, as all the guides i have looked at seem a bit out dated..?(throughout this thread there has been a lot of discussion over which drivers to use etc..)

All help would be appreciated!
Jack

JackF1 said:
I am quite new to the hackitnsoh world, and I'm thankful that theres and avtive thread about what I've got. Ive assembled a setup (on the cheap) with the following:
-WD 1TB caviar black HDD
-Graphics card.. To be ordered.. Any recommendations on an graphics card, very hackmac compatible, mid ranged (no harcore gaming)etc..? There are obviously the 9500 and 9800s, but i was wondering if there would be a more recent one in the 2xx series that would be equally suitable?

Could somebody please give me a quick up to date summary on what i need to use in multibeast, as all the guides i have looked at seem a bit out dated..?(throughout this thread there has been a lot of discussion over which drivers to use etc..)

Jack

Video - GTX 260 - Perfect!
Memory - removed Kingston
Optical - Sony/Pioneer - Fixed Sleep Wake issue.

Multibeast - updated! :)

melon said:
JackF1 said:
-WD 1TB caviar black HDD

Jack

Video - GTX 260 - Perfect!
Memory - removed Kingston
Optical - Sony/Pioneer - Fixed Sleep Wake issue.

Multibeast - updated! :)

Ok.. well the 260 is a bit too high-end for what I am looking for.. How are the 220s when it comes to OSX?
Also, what should i select in Multibeast? Alc audio, the realtek driver and nvenabler.. nothing else?

Hi all,

I've just finished setting up my first hackintosh. It's been a fun process, but I can't quite get the sound or ethernet to work.

My specs:

Mobo: GA-H55m-usb3 F8 (rev 2)
CPU: Core i7-860
Video: XFX Radeon HD 5850
RAM: 8 gig G.skill Ripjaw 1600
HD: WD 1TB Caviar black

I followed the install process on page 1, also following the instructions for 58xx here.

I'm also dual-booting Windows 7 on a different partition (which works fine). Graphics, sound, and ethernet all work fine in Windows.

On my Mac, the graphics card seems to work okay (not sure how to really test it, but it's using my monitor's native resolution of 1680 x 1050). However, ethernet and sound aren't working. I'm using the green sound jack and built-in ethernet.

The motherboard uses Realtek RTL8111E which I understand can be problematic.

I've tried both the Realtek drivers in Multibeast (R1000SL and RTL8169) and neither work. Using the driver from this thread I've managed to get OS X to detect adaptor, but it self-assigns the IP address. I added my name to the beta test list here so maybe that will do the trick! I'm in 32-bit anyway due to my graphics card, so any network connectivity at all would be lovely.

On the audio side, the mobo uses Realtek ALC889. I tried (from Multibeast) both LegacyHDA (ALC889) and VoodooHDA 0.2.2. No luck with either.

It seems like other people have gotten both of these things to work. Any chance I'm missing something?

Thanks for the help! These forums are fantastic; I've found tons of great info inside.

Update:

After futzing around with the audio drivers some more, I tried plugging my cable into the front green jack. Success! No clue why the front works while the back doesn't, but there it is.

I believe my current configuration is using both the LegacyHDA and the HDAEnabler kexts (was suggested in another thread, perhaps both aren't necessary).

It would be great to not have the cable sticking out the front of my computer, but at least it works!

Slamdunk said:
dont plug the audio connection of the front to the motherboard
May I ask why not? Right now that's the only way I've had success with audio.

Ethernet update:

I'm happy to report that ethernet is now working. I'm currently using the kext from this thread which hadn't worked for me originally.

However, after 10-20 restarts (I was playing with the bootloaders to get Win7 dual-booting to work), the network connection was suddenly active. I left the computer on overnight transferring some files over the local network and it completed okay and woke up from sleep fine, as well.

Hope it continues to work!

Hi,
I've tried installing numerous times now. I can get 10.6.0 running no problems. Even patching it with multibeast works fine.
However, when updating to 10.6.4 I get all sorts of errors. First off (not sure if this is actually a problem) but when I run the combo update, then switch to multibeast, the moment i click install in multibeast "the installers quits unexpectedly" and both installer windows close. I then re-open multibeast, select user DSDT, system utils and nothing else. (the audio kext was causing me problems..) once that gives me install succeeded i then go to Disk util and repair disk permissions (again), just to be sure.
But when i boot I either get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext has timed out, or a weird (error?) that says /dvr/ Hypioctls.c:908 Ioctl Vt-D status: 0
I have tried safe mode, iboot dvd etc, no luck. Btw I have reinstalled four times now..
My specs are:
GA-H55M-USB3 Bios f10
Intel i3-530
2gb kingston ddr3 133mhx ram (shows up as 667 ddr2)
1tb WD BLACK HDD, GUID partition table,
Samsung superwrite DVD writer..
NO GRAPHICS---> is this the problem? I have been using onboard (in 10.6.0, 1024x786) as i still need to graphics card. however no errors seem related and i can get an apple boot screen.
Please can someone advise me as what to do, any different things I should selcect etc...
Thanks alot!

JackF1 said:
Hi,
I've tried installing numerous times now. I can get 10.6.0 running no problems. Even patching it with multibeast works fine.
However, when updating to 10.6.4 I get all sorts of errors. First off (not sure if this is actually a problem) but when I run the combo update, then switch to multibeast, the moment i click install in multibeast "the installers quits unexpectedly" and both installer windows close. I then re-open multibeast, select user DSDT, system utils and nothing else. (the audio kext was causing me problems..) once that gives me install succeeded i then go to Disk util and repair disk permissions (again), just to be sure.
But when i boot I either get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext has timed out, or a weird (error?) that says /dvr/ Hypioctls.c:908 Ioctl Vt-D status: 0
I have tried safe mode, iboot dvd etc, no luck. Btw I have reinstalled four times now..
My specs are:
GA-H55M-USB3 Bios f10
Intel i3-530
2gb kingston ddr3 133mhx ram (shows up as 667 ddr2)
1tb WD BLACK HDD, GUID partition table,
Samsung superwrite DVD writer..
NO GRAPHICS---> is this the problem? I have been using onboard (in 10.6.0, 1024x786) as i still need to graphics card. however no errors seem related and i can get an apple boot screen.
Please can someone advise me as what to do, any different things I should selcect etc...
Thanks alot!
Yes, the onboard video is not currently supported.

Raconteur said:
Update:

After futzing around with the audio drivers some more, I tried plugging my cable into the front green jack. Success! No clue why the front works while the back doesn't, but there it is.

I believe my current configuration is using both the LegacyHDA and the HDAEnabler kexts (was suggested in another thread, perhaps both aren't necessary).

It would be great to not have the cable sticking out the front of my computer, but at least it works!

Posted on my SUMMARY on 1st page. LegacyHDA only.
Plug the audio cable at rear green.
> Go to System Preferences
> Sound
> Output tab
> Internal Speaker Highlighted or Selected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back