CPU
intel
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a GA-h55m-usb3 and geforce 9500, using multi-beast, I got audio working fine thru the 1/8 ports on both the front and the back, but when I select digital out and try to get audio thru hdmi, I am not getting any sound.

anyone has any suggestion on how to get hdmi audio working? the s/pdif out on board is already plugged into the card. Thanx.

Just search for HDMI Nvidia on insanely. You can get hdmi audio from your card for sure

@herk,
Have you made it work already? Any success?

I have an ATI card and am searching for an answer as well. So far, not luck.
I have seen that your card should be able to have HDMI audio. If you search for a post by tmongol at insanelymac then you should find the answer. Looking through the posts here will get you some solid advice and I'm sure the link to the Tmongol post is here in the audio category of the forum.

Best of luck.

melon said:
@herk,
Have you made it work already? Any success?

melon,

no luck. I can't get hdmi audio to work and I don't have a receiver that has optical in, so I can't even test the other s/pdif port on the back.

I think the older cards need to use the SPDIF jumper to get HDMI audio. Only the newer ones have onboard chips that require additional kexts and tinkering. On the 8xxx and 9xxx series you should get digital out from the HDMI as soon as you get it from the rear of the computer (assuming you use the jumper).

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back