Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Disclaimer: I'm nowhere near an expert, but here's my progress so far.

Updated the standard config.plist with Clover Configurator. On the "Devices" section, I added for "USB", Inject, Add ClockID, and FixOwnership.

This allowed my to make the installation USB and install OS X Yosemite.

Using the F11 DSDT from the tonymac Download DSDT database causes a problem for the sound. You must patch the DSDT using MaciASL tool. Use the following link.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67710-how-add-edit-dsdt-hdef-v2.html

The AudioID must be patched to 1. The unpatched DSDT will override the Clover "config.plist".
(thanks Toleda)

Applied the MultiBeast sound patch, i.e. Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx specifying "ALC889" and "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support".
Also applied the Drivers/Disk/Trim Enabler "10.10.0" TRIM Patch.
(should probably also did the "3rd Party SATA" but oh well.)

attached are my updated config.plist and updated DSDT.

Work In Progress

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    19.8 KB · Views: 320
  • config.plist
    2.9 KB · Views: 434
Very helpful post. I use an F10 DSDT; I'm getting the warning "result is not used operator has no effect" when i try to compile. Did you run into this and if so what steps did you take to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

Yes, got same warning. Did nothing about it.

I managed to get the patch installed and got sound. However, there is a loud pop the first time the sound comes through the speakers. Then it's OK. But, then after a while of not playing any sound, there is another loud pop when the sound initially comes through. Haven't make any progress on this.

Also I've been locked out of the App Store with a message to contact Apple.
I haven't made the patches suggested in post #2 because I'm still trying to figure out things.
Please add to the thread if you have more success.

Can't send Personal Messages until you have 75 posts. WTF?
Anyways, I'm off for a week or so. Please add to the thread if possible.

The ethernet port is EN1 instead of EN0 as displayed in About This Mac/System Report

Deleted all my interfaces in System Preferences/Network/-
Deleted the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
i.e. in Terminal, >sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
Rebooted
Add back the ethernet port in System Preferences/Network/+

Check again in About This Mac/System Report to see that Ethernet Cards says EN0

EDIT: I can now login to the App Store again!

Interested to follow this thread.

I have a GA-H55M-UD2H system. I'm running Mavericks now, very stable and all working except iMessage. Have updated a clone, and tried a fresh installed on an alternate partition using unibeast/multibeast but haven't gotten booting to run properly. Not sure why this one is harder than other OS-X installs.

Hello wildpack,

You made my day. Thank you very much for the helpful post and the files. Now my audio on the same motherboard works under Yosemite and Clover r2999.
Without your patched DSDT it was not possible to get audio. The speaker icon in the top bar was gray, and no output device was seen, although the system report showed the ALC 889.

But finally for the good audio function I also needed the script "audio_CloverALC-100.v1.0.1.command" from toledo, after the installation of Clover.

By the way, iMessage and FaceTime icons show up.

Best regards, Rudolf

Before, Before, connecting to iMessage or FaceTime, you MUST read "Fix iMessage" under "Guides".
I'm locked out and must call Apple Support.

Use the Magic Wand ( the stick with yellow stars ) in Clover Configurator on the SMBIOS page to fill in the boxes. I specified my mac as iMac11,3.

Reading http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html, this board has the Sid bug. The motherboard BIOS doesn't generate a long unique SystemId. Use Step 7, How to Fix the Sid Bug, Path C instructions to generate a unique SystemID. Copy into Clover Configurator.

I hope to eventually update post #1 with complete instructions :)

Question:

Is it correct to specify our machines as iMac11,3? The serial number generated is the "old style" with 11 digits instead of the newer 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back