Contribute
Register

Ga-h55m-ud2h v1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to eventually update post #1 with complete instructions :)

Change in plan. I bought a 2012 mac mini refurb for $419 US.

Life is too short. There's a new OS X update and I don't want to worry about it breaking something else.
I'd rather spend time on building Linux, RaspberryPI, and Arduino gadgets - stuff that's "designed" to work.

It's been fun and thanks for the fish.

I'm having issues with this board. I can install it ok with unibeast but as soon as I try and install drivers via multibeast it won't boot.

A guide for a clover install would be good for the rest of us still using this board

I'm using a GTX460 and a i3 processor

I'm having issues with this board. I can install it ok with unibeast but as soon as I try and install drivers via multibeast it won't boot.

Same here- I'm sticking w/ Mavericks for now. Eventually I might upgrade my hardware (mobo and cpu...) or switch to a mac mini.

I've been running this board for more than 2 years now! First OS I installed on it was Mountain Lion, still running it as my main desktop!! I've got an iphone 6, an Ipad Air and a new Macbook Pro 15 inch, but somehow I still like working on my hackintosh best!! I installed Yosemite without any glitches, just used Unibeast for Yosemite, installed without changing anything, ran Multibeast with the F11 DSDT an everything works flawless... Exept every time I power down the device, and reboot I need to reset the Bios settings to "Last good one"....

I don't care it works, but isn't there a stupid fix for this?

I do not have any audio issues because I simply do not use the onboard audio, got it disabled in the bios. I use a "RME USB Madiface" with a "Dotec Andiamo"... only issue here was CPU/USB/HDD noises, but solved that by disabling speedstepping Halt/EIST/C1 states in bios...

Got this working finally using Multibeast 7.1.1 All older versions caused boot issues when the audio driver was installed.

Using the F11 DSDT

and

ALC889
Optional HDAEnabler/Audio ID : 1

And as I'm using Nvidia GFX

Graphics Enabler = yes
PCI Root ID fix = 1

Still playing with it so may find other issues yet but it now boots and sound works

There is a fix for that particular error. What you're probably getting is the CMOS Checksum error. I was getting it too, but found the solution here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/69093-bios-cmos-checksum-error.html

It's an old solution, but luckily still works! BTW I installed Yosemite as an upgrade to Mavericks (not a clean install) using the Chameleon/Chimera boot loader and so far most of the system is working great. Sound is fine, network is fine, video, etc. The only problem is Messages and I can't use some of the new features like hand off. That said I am able to use FaceTime.

There is a fix for that particular error. What you're probably getting is the CMOS Checksum error. I was getting it too, but found the solution here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/69093-bios-cmos-checksum-error.html

It's an old solution, but luckily still works! BTW I installed Yosemite as an upgrade to Mavericks (not a clean install) using the Chameleon/Chimera boot loader and so far most of the system is working great. Sound is fine, network is fine, video, etc. The only problem is Messages and I can't use some of the new features like hand off. That said I am able to use FaceTime.

so you guys all came from mavericks, what if from Snow leopard?
i just want to update coz some of my applications now is not supported...so this mean that our board still work on yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back