Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI mini-ITX motherboard
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2V075M/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Intel Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake Processor
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NCESRJX/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

SilverStone Technology Mini-ITX Slim Small Form Factor Computer Case RVZ02B
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0161UXX9W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Deepcool Low Profile CPU Cooler
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LSRXVA0/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Samsung PM951 128GB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen3 x4, NVME Solid state drive SSD, OEM (2280)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DK4BUUQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MTSWG30/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Already Owned
Crappy Viewsonic Monitor. Seriously, it is a complete piece of junk. I'm embarrassed to list the model, so I won't. As I near the end of testing, I will get a Dell or LG 27" ultrawide display.

Comments

My goal is to build the most compact, simplest Hackintoshes possible for business use. Right now. I use mostly Mac Minis, but that hardware is so out of date it makes me cringe. I actually have 6 or 7 2012 Server Edition Minis that are all quad core i7s and are actually faster than the currently shipping mac Minis. I'd like to upgrade them, but Apple doesn't actually have a better Mac Mini to upgrade to! What a joke! For awhile I was buying iMacs. They look sexy, but I'm sure that actual whores are actually cheaper by the dozen than a single iMac.

/rant

Then, thanks to this forum, I learned about Hackintoshing. This is my 3rd build.

Once I get this rig running smooth as silk, I plan on building 15-20 more of them. For now, I used a Silverstone case, but I'm going to replace this soon with a MITXPC MX500-USB3 Compact Mini-ITX Case, USB 3.0, Wall & VESA Mount https://www.mitxpc.com/proddetail.php?prod=MX500-USB3. I just couldn't get one quickly enough, and I wanted to get going on testing this ASAP.

Ultimately, I will either mount these under desks or behind monitors.

I don't think I need a GPU-- these computers will use Chrome, Firefox, and Office 365 99% of the time. If a GPU would help my workers be more productive in this situation, please let me know. I'll by GPUs then.

I don't even need Bluetooth or WiFi, so I'm not going to spend anytime troubleshooting those things. Currently, I have a script that turns WIFI OFF whenever the office macs boot because I want to make sure that everything is always communicating over gigabit Ethernet. So, ironically, I'm using a Gigabyte WiFi board, but as we all know, the stock Intel WiFi chip doesn't work. I only picked the board because of the small form factor. If anyone wants to suggest a better mini-ITX board before I build 20 of these, I'd love to hear your suggestion.

Installation Notes
I relied heavily on this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-on-200-series-kabylake-processor.218494/ but there were several changes that I made, mostly related to the integrated graphics and to get my NVMe Drive working

UniBeast and USB
  1. I used Sierra 10.12.5 to create my USB drive with UniBeast
  2. After creating the USB there are several key changes required to make it function, starting with the config.plist
    1. Boot. set darkwake=8. Only tick Kext-dev-mode=1 (untick all others)
    2. Kernel and Kext Patches.

Enter 0x0506E3 for the FakeCPUI.

Since I don't have any USB2 ports, I made these entries in KextsToPatch:

Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
      Find: 83bd74ff ffff10
      Replace: 83bd74ff ffff1b
      Comment: Increase port limit

And these entries in ACPI:

Comment: change EHC1 to EH01
      Find: 45484331
      Replace: 45483031

Comment: change EHC2 to EH02
      Find: 45484332
      Replace: 45483032
  3. Next, add these kexts to the USB’s EFI partition /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
    USBInjectAll.kext
    XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
NVMe Drive
These drives typically aren't recognized unless you use the HackrNVMeFamily spoof that is well described on this forum. I'd already figured out how to get this working for my 1st Hackintosh which is a GA-h170n-wifi i7 Skylake. I found that the same kext and aml files made for that rig worked for this one! Sweet! So, to make my NVMe drive recognizable when I booted from the USB drive I just had to do two things:
  1. Put HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext into /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
  2. Add SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
It was so awesome to be able to boot from the USB, go to Drive Setup, see my NVMe drive, format it and then install Sierra.

MultiBeast v9.1.0
Woo-woo! Installed directly onto the NVMe drive from the USB! This was so awesome that I'm just going to say it again!

Next task was to MultiBeast this baby.

MultiBeast Options:
  1. Drivers/Audio. ALC1220 and 100/200 Series Audio
  2. Drivers/Misc. FakeSMC Plugins and FakeSMC HWMonitor
  3. Drivers/Network. IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.1d1
  4. Drivers/USB. Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
  5. Bootloaders. Clover v2.4 r4063 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
  6. Customize/Graphics. Intel HD6xx
  7. Customize/System Definitions. iMac 17,1
Post Install Clover Configerator
  1. ACPI. Select FixShutdown_0004 under ACPI–>Fixes
  2. Boot. Arguments–> Only tick Kext-dev-mode=1 (untick all others). Change darkwake to darkwake=8. XMPDetection=Yes
Note: I did NOT need to change GFX0 to IGPU. In fact, when I did make that change I'd end up with a black screen after rebooting and had to go into clover options and turn it off to get back into the OS. Similarly, I did not need the Custom BootFlag -shikigva In Boot–>Custom Flags. I ***think*** these things are no longer needed because of 10.12.5, but I am not sure.

I still put Lilu.kext, Shiki.kext, AppleALC.kext, and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other, but I honestly have no idea if they are truly needed. At some point I will test this and report in.

To enable the NVMe after removing the boot USB drive, I put these into the EFI of the NVMe drive:
  1. HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext into /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
  2. SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Testing Comments

So far, this is behaving itself well. I will clean up this post once I've gotten further along, but for now, I wanted to create notes before I forgot what the heck I did so far.

To Test
Audio
Sleep/Wake
Mass Deployment

Once I got MB setup, I saved the config to the USB along with all the kexts. Since I'm planning to make a bunch of these rigs, I'm trying to set this up so that I can do the installs quickly. Having the MB settings already made will save time. I will probably try to make an automator script that will copy the other kexts into place. I'm trying to figure out an automated way to tweak the Clover config. I figure I shouldn't just copy the config file to each of 20 computers since the config file contains the machine IDs and they'd all end up the same! I can imagine that causing some sort of trouble somehow. Ultimately, what I will probably do for this is to take an SSD in a USB3 enclosure, put my entire software setup on it (I currently use this old school thick imaging approach to setup my macs), put a partition on it that has the Clover EFI so that it can be used to boot the computer, then use Carbon Copy Cloner to copy everything over the NVMe of the new hackintosh, run MultiBeast, and then do the post install clover config. This should let me setup a dozen of these pretty quickly.

I'm running the same MB as you - curious if you tested both Ethernet ports on the board? I am getting connectivity out the right one (when looking directly at the ports head on) but not getting Sierra to see the 2nd port.
TIA

I'm running the same MB as you - curious if you tested both Ethernet ports on the board? I am getting connectivity out the right one (when looking directly at the ports head on) but not getting Sierra to see the 2nd port.
TIA

I have the same--the Ethernet port above the USB-C connector does not work, but the other one does. The GA-h170n-WIFI board that I have also used for a hackintosh behaves exactly the same way also.

There may be a thread on here somewhere about making that 2nd port work, but I have no need for the 2nd port and haven't really looked into the issue much.

Yeah, nor do I as where I rent. I have no intentions of running 50 ft of CAT6 just to get some better speeds. Wifi delivers what I pay for from the provider on 5G connection, and I am running Ethernet PowerLine adapters just as a back-up (getting 40% speed on the download). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing something outside the norm that would indicate a bad MB that I'd like to square away earlier than later.

So I did a little digging...the ethernet port above the USB-C port is and Intel I211.
Looks like there is no support for that in Linux and the person that created the kext for the Intel boards said that the I211 is not able to be fixed at this time. Just wanted to close that loop...

test your USB ports extensively for both USB3 and USB2 devices, if you notice random disconnect and reconnect or wake up system always says USB ejected not properly, you will very likely need to remove port limit patch and add a custom SSDT.
Since you are using Rehabmans kext, his guide explained it very thoroughly.

Dear All,

Thanks for this very nice guide! I'm trying to build a similar configuration (see below) but I still have some problems. Particularly, my Hackintosh reboots on wake up from deep sleep.

My config:

- GA-H270N-Wifi
- i3 7100
- Sharkoon Shark Zone mini-ITX case
- TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 (for wifi, on PCIe. I don't have a native airport card. It's very hard to find here in France at low prices.)
- Mac OSX 10.12.6 (Last Clover, UniBeast, MultiBeast and Clover Configurator versions)

The whole install seems to be working very smoothly. I followed the MultiBeast config advised in this tutorial, and I just had to add the AppleHDA.kext to get the audio properly working. I also ticked the FixShudown_0004 under ACPI->Fixes. I didn't need to tick anything in Boot to get everything working. I also kept the "darkwake" option in Boot unmodified.

To solve my problem, I tried to change the darkwake option to different values, or tried to tick some other options (FIX_WAK_200000, ) but nothing sadly worked... I'm really stuck on this and I don't know how to get the Sleep/Wake function properly working. If it would have been my own Hackintosh I wouldn't have care that much, but I'm building it for my father's friend, and he's definitely not a geek user if you see what I mean... It would be annoying if each time he would let the Mac fall asleep, he would loose all his current work because of a reboot...

Do you have any idea on this?! :'-(

P.S. I join my config.plist file just in case.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 405
Did you need any bootflag during the first boot?

Dear All,

Thanks for this very nice guide! I'm trying to build a similar configuration (see below) but I still have some problems. Particularly, my Hackintosh reboots on wake up from deep sleep.

My config:

- GA-H270N-Wifi
- i3 7100
- Sharkoon Shark Zone mini-ITX case
- TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 (for wifi, on PCIe. I don't have a native airport card. It's very hard to find here in France at low prices.)
- Mac OSX 10.12.6 (Last Clover, UniBeast, MultiBeast and Clover Configurator versions)

The whole install seems to be working very smoothly. I followed the MultiBeast config advised in this tutorial, and I just had to add the AppleHDA.kext to get the audio properly working. I also ticked the FixShudown_0004 under ACPI->Fixes. I didn't need to tick anything in Boot to get everything working. I also kept the "darkwake" option in Boot unmodified.

To solve my problem, I tried to change the darkwake option to different values, or tried to tick some other options (FIX_WAK_200000, ) but nothing sadly worked... I'm really stuck on this and I don't know how to get the Sleep/Wake function properly working. If it would have been my own Hackintosh I wouldn't have care that much, but I'm building it for my father's friend, and he's definitely not a geek user if you see what I mean... It would be annoying if each time he would let the Mac fall asleep, he would loose all his current work because of a reboot...

Do you have any idea on this?! :'-(

P.S. I join my config.plist file just in case.
Hi! Did you manage to get sleep /wake up working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back