CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was asked by a friend to build them a Hackintosh. I planned on basically copying the specs of my machine. I currently have a Gigabyte H170N-WiFi. I have all my kext settings and such save; I planned on copying them. I've bought all the components, but the motherboard was cancelled and by the time that happened, it has been sold out everywhere I look (that's a legit seller).

So my question: Should I get a Z170N or upgrade to the H270N?

Since I have had basically zero problems with my current H170N, I was going to swap my board out and use it on my friends build, since I know what to expect from it. Will I be able to plug and play either of the other Gigabyte boards with out having to do a clean install?

I have the same question. I'm about t build a new hackintosh. But to be at bit future proof I thought I'd go with the H270N instead of the H170N. I'm going to use a 6-series CPU

So? Will the H270N work? Or should I go with the H170N?

I was asked by a friend to build them a Hackintosh. I planned on basically copying the specs of my machine. I currently have a Gigabyte H170N-WiFi. I have all my kext settings and such save; I planned on copying them. I've bought all the components, but the motherboard was cancelled and by the time that happened, it has been sold out everywhere I look (that's a legit seller).

So my question: Should I get a Z170N or upgrade to the H270N?

If you get the 270N version you wouldn't be able to simply use the same kexts and settings as there are many differences between the two in key areas like the chipset and audio chip. See the following thread.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

It's always best to perform a clean install anyway, even if you do go with the Z170N version.

I have the same question. I'm about t build a new hackintosh. But to be at bit future proof I thought I'd go with the H270N instead of the H170N. I'm going to use a 6-series CPU

So? Will the H270N work? Or should I go with the H170N?

I tried to us my i5 6500 with the H270N and it would not go any further then a blank progress bar; wouldn't even prompt me with my first clover menu to install osx.

I'm gonna try and return the H270 for a Z170. Guess something between the 7 gen mobo and the 6 gen cpu won't play together. I can't find a H170N anywhere, so good luck. Every order I've made was cancelled and every inquiry to ask if they actually had the board resulted in the stores just removing it from their site.

I currently have a Gigabyte H170N-WiFi. I have all my kext settings and such save

I am building my friend a Hackintosh with that same motherboard as well. Would you be able to share those kexts?

Can't get my wifi working on the Z170N

I have the h270n wifi, works just fine.
It is very similar to h170n, the only meaningful difference is that USB 3.0 requires another kext by Rehabman.
The rest of hacks are pretty much the same steps taken on h170n

For wifi, the one came with the board is Intel 8265 which is not supported, buy BCM94352z and give up full functional handoff/apple watch unlock...
Or buy m.2 A/E/M adapters and pair with a natively working BCM chip like BCM94360CS2 / BCM943602CS.

For ALC1220 I suggest using AppleALC by vit9696 (HDAS --> HDEF) with Lilu(required to get AppleALC working), that way it's easier to also have HDMI/DP audio with cloverHDMI by Toleda(also HDAS --> HDEF).

I have the h270n wifi, works just fine.
It is very similar to h170n, the only meaningful difference is that USB 3.0 requires another kext by Rehabman.
The rest of hacks are pretty much the same steps taken on h170n

For wifi, the one came with the board is Intel 8265 which is not supported, buy BCM94352z and give up full functional handoff/apple watch unlock...
Or buy m.2 A/E/M adapters and pair with a natively working BCM chip like BCM94360CS2 / BCM943602CS.

For ALC1220 I suggest using AppleALC by vit9696 (HDAS --> HDEF) with Lilu(required to get AppleALC working), that way it's easier to also have HDMI/DP audio with cloverHDMI by Toleda(also HDAS --> HDEF).

I've been attempting to get the h270n working with an i3 6320 (6th generation Skylake) and I can't get past the apple logo loading bar to install. Any tips? I'm almost considering returning the motherboard and getting the z170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back