Contribute
Register

GA-H170N-WIFI original bluetooth card issues and some questions about ASRock H170M-ITX/DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock H170M-ITX/DL
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD-530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, just trying to decide whether using the GA-H170N-WIFI or the ASRock H170M-ITX/DL, to build a customac mini, 8GB RAM, SSD, I3 6100 and no G card, at the moment I plan to use the processor's HD 530 GPU only.

REGARDING THE GIGABYTE MOBO:

1.- Does the original bluetooth card work out of the box with El capitan and Sierra? I know the wifi card doesn't work, I'll be using Ethernet port

REGARDING THE AsROCK MOBO:

2.- Has anyone here built successfully a hack with that mobo(sierra or el capitan), ASRock H170M-ITX/DL? it's recommended in the buyers guide and all but not sure whether is technically the right choice, taking it into account just cause the price, it's the cheapest choice on the list

VALID FOR BOTH MOBOS:

3.- Has been the graphic artifacts issue between sierra and the intel GPU HD530 fixed? or am I still forced to use an NVIDIA GPU with sierra?

Thanks in advance to anyone having the time to answer these question!

The BT in the H170N doesn't work well enough to keep the combo card installed. Find a suitable wifi/BT replacement. You could take a chance on the Asrock but there is much better documentation and support of the H170N. AFAIK the HD530 glitches have been solved. I don't use HD530 personally. Do some searching on that topic.

The BT in the H170N doesn't work well enough to keep the combo card installed. Find a suitable wifi/BT replacement. You could take a chance on the Asrock but there is much better documentation and support of the H170N. AFAIK the HD530 glitches have been solved. I don't use HD530 personally. Do some searching on that topic.
many thanks for your answer, appreciate that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back