Contribute
Register

GA-H170N-WIFI OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is my latest EFI configuration, works with Big Sur 11.3.1 and OpenCore 0.6.9 on my GA-H170N-WIFI motherboard ("Mini-ITX 2" below).

[Edit: If you try it, be sure to update the Platform section of the config.plist to match your system.]
thanks for sharing this.

i hacked same mobo with i5-6500 5 years ago, using clover then. i have since moved to opencore on coffee lake systems. but now is time to upgrade this and i have only luck making HDMIs to work. the DVI remained black screen after DMOS. I tried your EFI too but same issue. is your system using DVI ?

Attached is my latest EFI configuration, works with Big Sur 11.3.1 and OpenCore 0.6.9 on my GA-H170N-WIFI motherboard ("Mini-ITX 2" below).

[Edit: If you try it, be sure to update the Platform section of the config.plist to match your system.]
what video card are you using with this motherboard?i have a mini ITX with this video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB but i read in this forum that this video card is not going to work with Big Sur.

what video card are you using with this motherboard?i have a mini ITX with this video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB but i read in this forum that this video card is not going to work with Big Sur.
AMD RX 560. You are correct; you would need the nVidia graphics driver to run that card, but no such driver exists beyond macOS High Sierra (10.13.x).

AMD RX 560. You are correct; you would need the nVidia graphics driver to run that card, but no such driver exists beyond macOS High Sierra (10.13.x).
well i need to find a budget video card that can fit on my BitFenix Mini-ITX Tower Case

well i need to find a budget video card that can fit on my BitFenix Mini-ITX Tower Case
Not sure there's any such thing as a "budget" video card these days, but the RX 560 will fit. It is currently in a Rosewill Mini ITX desktop - Model RS-M1-01 BK case, which is tiny. The Biostar RX 560 4 GB LP (low profile) replaced an MSI n750TI-2GD5/OC nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC-2 GB, so you get some idea of the RX-560's size.

Not sure there's any such thing as a "budget" video card these days, but the RX 560 will fit. It is currently in a Rosewill Mini ITX desktop - Model RS-M1-01 BK case, which is tiny. The Biostar RX 560 4 GB LP (low profile) replaced an MSI n750TI-2GD5/OC nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC-2 GB, so you get some idea of the RX-560's size.
well i just use this hackintosh for watching videos and and some music task.and i dont really spend too much money in a expensive video card

well i found this 2 video cards on ebay...

which one do you recommend me to buy?

well i found this 2 video cards on ebay...
Neither of those are worth taking a chance on. You also don't want to buy from an Ebay seller with 7 total sales and one review / feedback. Too risky.

Screen Shot 12.jpg

If you want a good RX560 at a reasonable price go with the Visiontek RX 560 at Amazon.

Neither of those are worth taking a chance on. You also don't want to buy from an Ebay seller with 7 total sales and one review. Too risky.

View attachment 528512
If you want a good RX560 at a reasonable price go with the Visiontek RX 560 at Amazon.
ahh ok !!!thank you.

edit?i just check out the Visiontek RX 560 at Amazon but i cant find a video card with this dimension 6.7 x 1.5 x 4.38 inches

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back