CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, after days of playing around with this I was able to finally get what seems to be a stable Yosemite running minus some issues which are noted below.

Install:

UniBeast 5.01 to install Yosemite, not only have on monitor plugged in if you have two, and if the screen is flickering simply unplug the dvi and replug it in that should get you to the installer screen.

Follow the rest of the guide for the install, and this should get you into a working Yosemite with network. Note after the initial install and rebooting to set up Yosemite I got stuck at setting up mac.. so I rebooted and it worked (just incase you run into this issue, btw I have no idea what causes this and I let it sit for 20 min before deciding to reboot)

Multibeast install, I selected the DSDT for my motherboard and firmware and used this to install, I didn't try just easy install and maybe it would of been ultimately easier for me.. anyhow...

So you will get the dreaded gibberish when trying to boot so I had to boot again with the unibeast then move the boot loader over to a EFI partition. http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html , this seems daunting at first but pretty straight forward and after doing this I was able to boot w/o using UniBeast.

I did loose my network for some reason and I still hadn't tackled audio yet.

One thing to note when you have the boot loader on an EFI partition it will come in handy to use the efi mounter esp if you need to add in new kext and such.

Issue One:

No network or Audio..

I fired up MultiBeast and selected audio -> acl885/889a and then RealTekRTL8111 but when I tried to do a built MultiBeast spit out an error such as

There is no '/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.list' file on the target volume. Either place one there or select 'Customize > Basic Boot Options' to continue.

Ugh, so I had no idea how to get around this, but what I did end up doing and not sure if its the right way I mounted the EFI partition and copied over my extras folder to my mac , then I ran the tool again and after it was done installing I copied back the extras folder to the EFI Partition.. (is their a better way?)

So my Audio and Network are working.

Here is what is working

iCloud
Audio
Network
Video *see note

Whats not working
iMessage
Dual Monitor support ??????
Upon Boot you get screen flickering (have to unplug dvi and plug it back in.. wtf???)

Ill let this run for a few days but so far I downloaded most of the apps I use on my mac book pro and the all seem to be working and so far no crashes.

I'm done for today, but would love to get dual monitor support. I have yet to find any info on how to get this to work and while annoying fix the flickering on start up.

Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings. See this post.

Be sure your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file has the kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1, too.

Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings. See this post.

Be sure your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file has the kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1, too.

ya thanks I have audio and the flag was always set.. still having issues with dual monitor support with multibeast/chameleon.. im trying to switch to clover on another test install but every time im in Yosemite for more than 20 seconds the computer reboots, and it isnt easy to debug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back