CPU
Q9650
Graphics
GTX660
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had flawless OSX experience with Mavericks and El Capitan - I'm wondering if anybody has attempted to install Sierra Beta on the old school gold standard GA-EP45-UD3P. I'm using a 'Q9650 CPU and a GTX-660 with 8GB of PC8500.

Looking for SMBIOS System definition that I should use, and if the DSDT.aml that i've used the past few installs will work with Sierra as well.

Thanks in advance.

I've had flawless OSX experience with Mavericks and El Capitan - I'm wondering if anybody has attempted to install Sierra Beta on the old school gold standard GA-EP45-UD3P. I'm using a 'Q9650 CPU and a GTX-660 with 8GB of PC8500.

Looking for SMBIOS System definition that I should use, and if the DSDT.aml that i've used the past few installs will work with Sierra as well.

Thanks in advance.
Mac Pro definitions are out - you might try with the late 2009 iMac. It is about as close as you can come to your Core2Quad vs the iMac Core2Duo.

Im using iMac 2010 which seems to work fine with the Core 2 Quad Q9400.

thanks it works!

Hey!

I got this working.

I did a clean install & used these multibeast settings: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/multibeast-png.180529/

With the following modification:
No Nvidia injection
System definition of iMac 13, 1 - very important if you have a GT640 graphics card.
Question: is there a step by step process for a clean install? After the install of Sierra, it prompts for restart...then I can't continue with the install. The system just boots back to the USB and I don't see the new Sierra drive installation...

Any and all help is appreciated.

@TightFade, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back