Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey Guys,

So I built my first Hackintosh yesterday using unibeast. Installation process went smoothly but now I have too issues that I cant seem to get resolved. The first one isn't my biggest concern but here it is: When I restart the computer, when it gets to the log in screen, the graphics are all messed up and you cant see anything. I figured out that if I press the power button on the computer, it puts the computer to sleep. When I press it again to wake it up the graphics are back to normal and stay that way. So this problem isnt that big of a deal but I would like it to get it resolved eventually.

My second problem and one that I really need fixed is that I have no working audio. I used multibeast and installed the ALC887/888b codec and got nothing. When I plug in speakers or headphones nothing shows up in the sound part of system preferences when you go to output.

Here are my computer specs:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P Motherboard

Intel i3 3225 Ivy Bridge Intel 4000 Graphics

Corsair Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 Plus Bronze Certified Active PFC PSU

Corsair 8GB 1333MHZ PC3-10666 240-pin

Standard Hitachi 320GB hard drive (took from my macbook pro)

Now, I did not update my BIOS. I think I currently have version F3. If you think that that will resolve my sound problem then I will update it. Otherwise, I'd rather not take the risk because I have never done it before. This is also my first time building a computer. It went fairly smoothly though. I was also thinking maybe I didn't hook up the front panel connections correctly (but I'm sure I did). If this were the case, however, the audio connectors in the back, from the motherboard, should still work either way right?. I tested out those as well and got nothing.

When installing multibeast, I chose:

1) UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
2) Drivers & Bootloaders-->Drivers-->Audio-->Realtek ALC8xx-->Without DSDT-->ALC887/888b-->v100302 Current.
3)
Drivers & Bootloaders-->Drivers-->Network-->Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0
4) Drivers & Bootloaders-->Bootloaders-->Chimera v1.11.1 r1394

Any help is greatly appreciated. I made this computer with the intention of making it an HTPC. So without sound it is pretty much useless.

I just built mine too and have exact same issues. Update your Bios will help but wont fix it I bet.

Could be the HD4000 gfx. I just ordered a nvidia 440 graphics card.

I can not figure out audio. GA Z77 DS3H. I will not get this MB again.

Also NO sleep.

Yeah I thought gigabyte motherboards were the most compatible. The only reason I bought this motherboard is because it was on the builds page so I thought it was one of the most compatible ones.

I was able to get audio to work through Airplay through my macbook pro (I have air server installed)

As a last resort, I will have to buy the old airport express, plug my speakers into it, and play the sound through airplay. But I'd rather not pay the 50 bucks unless I have to.

My second problem and one that I really need fixed is that I have no working audio. I used multibeast and installed the ALC887/888b codec and got nothing. When I plug in speakers or headphones nothing shows up in the sound part of system preferences when you go to output.
Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

If the sound part of the system preferences shows up nothing. It means you do no the sound driver probably installed.
It should show all kinds of output even if you plug in nothing.

Please check these:
- Did you enable on board sound in your BIOS Settings? Did you try to go back the default settings in the BIOS and just set the on board video and AHCI?
- After 10.8.2 Combo Updater, did you reinstall your sound driver?
- Make sure you select Internal Speakers (Build In) inside the Sound settings/Output of the System Preferences.

not much else I can think of. It was an easy process on my B75M-D3H

If it still not working, reinstall the OS and follow the exact instruction on my B75M-D3H build. Many people got it working 100% except the Volume MUTE function.

I never saw the on board sound option in the BIOS. Where is that located?

2xAED.png

See "Audio Controller" under Peripherals

I had the same video problem with 3225. You might try inserting the resolution data into /Volumes/Mountain Lion/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Thank you guys. I did a clean install and followed moarfish's instructions on his forum and got the sound working. As far as I can tell, everything is working 100%.

The only other thing I would like to do is be able to monitor the computer temperature. I tried installing the FakeSMC plugins before doing the clean install and then I couldnt boot (just kept loading at the apple screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back