Graphics
HDG 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First let me thank you guys for great job. Following instructions I installed ML using unibeast and multibeast without a hitch (i7 3770, 32G RAM, 250G ssd, no sound yet). Very fast, boots nicely.
However when I install another drive, either on channel 1 (ssd is on 0) or on Marvell channels, the system doesn't boot asking for boot drive. Eventually I figured that when I put the ssd after the other drive in boot sequence it boots but ML doesn't see the drive. Is there some BIOS setting I don't know about or there is a problem with ssd (it shows as removable in bios).

I have a GA-B75M-D3v.
It lacks some features your board has.
It is the Miramar thread. You have the Moarfish build or thread.
I run a SSD for OS and HD for files.
I think I put SSD on SATA 0.
I would check the bios settings for boot order as it can be a little funky.
(boot uefi boot bios and some other settings (legacy))
Be sure to research those threads.
It should not be showing up as removable storage.

The removable storage thing has me thinking you changed a setting to get USB installer to work and need to undo it.

Here's a progress report:

I installed the 3rd party SATA drivers through multi beast, disabled raid in bios and my 2 1Tb disks showed up in Disk Utility. Marvell controller is visible in System report with negotiated speed 6Mb/sec. I also installed, through multi beast, the sound driver for 887 chip and it works.

The bios reports the ssd with UEFI prefix which means removable. When the 2 1Tb disks showed up I got popups from OS X indicating it thought they were removable. After formatting everything works fine.

One lesson I learned. The first time one runs multibeast during installation process, skip all drivers. It boots fine. Then run it again to install network, 3rd party SATA and sound.

At this point, one problem remains: USB3 controllers show up in system report, but a USB stick plugged in one of those doesn't show up in OS X. USB 2 ports work fine.

Ga-b75m-d3p installation

I got 2 front USB 3 ports working as USB 2 by disabling XHCI in bios for those ports. presumably the other 2 ports work as USB 3, but I don't know.

So now everything works it seems with nova bench over 1200 with on board graphics.

BTW when I upgraded iTunes through Mac store it messed up with drivers and had to reinstall sound driver.

And yes the boot sequence has to be just right, first all non boot UEFI drives than then ssd boot drive showing as sata P0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back