Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-B365M-DS3H and Pentium G5400 the cheapest way to build a Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B250-M D2V
CPU
i5-7400
Graphics
HD 630
My specs:

Gigabyte B365M-DS3H
CPU: Pentium G5400 3.7Ghz
Memory: 4Gb Kingstone Hyper X 2400Mhz
DRIVES: WD 120Gb M.2 sata
Seagate Barracuda 2Tb caché 256Mb
Graphics: Asrock Phantom Radeon RX 570 8Gb
Power Supply: 900 Watts

Good morning everybody!!!

Just to comment this is my 2nd hackintosh desktop build and my 4th hackintosh. (all success)
First of all, I´ve got to comment that if you chose a Pentium Gold remember that is mandatory
to use a dedicated graphics card, because Intel UHD610 is not supported by macOS.
About why I´ve chosen Mojave as a OS it is very simple: Catalina has got a lot of incompatibilities
with software, which haven´t been solved yet.
About mobo, just to say that it is not the most expensive nor the cheapest one. You can buy it by 75€ on Amazon.
When you try to install Mojave, just take in consideration that this CPU is not "officially supported" by
macOS, so you must use a fakecpuid. I´ve used ID=0x0306EA.
About BIOS, I´ve just disabled VT-D extensions, rest of BIOS options, I´ve kept as out of the box.
After having completed installation, there is two issues only:

- Ethernet. Just download RTL8111 kext and use some kext installer (do not place kext into kext folder in EFI because
it hasn´t worked for me)
- Audio: There is audio through HDMI but not through audio jacks (although according audio preferences audio is present) , so if you want to have sound through HDA delete alc kext and use VoodooHDA. It works great with Gigabyte mobos.

If someone has got some problem with installation, send a comment. I´ll upload my EFI folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like a nice build, thanks for sharing
:)
but for which kind of applications ?
4Gb ram doesn't get that far nowadays

4GB of ram doesn't get that far nowadays
Yes, only lets you keep a few chrome tabs open at once. Forget about running multiple apps at the same time.

Minimum amount of ram for Mojave/Catalina should be 2 x 4GB so it will run in dual channel mode. Every new Mac sold today comes with at least 2 x 4GB of ram installed.

Here's what the 2020 MBA has for pre-installed ram:

Screen Shot 13.jpg

Last edited:
My specs:

Gigabyte B365M-DS3H

Just to comment this is my 2nd hackintosh desktop build and my 4th hackintosh. (all success)
First of all, I´ve got to comment that if you chose a Pentium Gold remember that is mandatory
to use a dedicated graphics card, because Intel UHD610 is not supported by macOS.
About why I´ve chosen Mojave as a OS it is very simple: Catalina has got a lot of incompatibilities
About mobo, just to say that it is not the most expensive nor the cheapest one. You can buy it by 75€ on Amazon.
When you try to install Mojave, just take in consideration that this CPU is not "officially supported" by
About BIOS, I´ve just disabled VT-D extensions, rest of BIOS options, I´ve kept as out of the box.

- Ethernet. Just download RTL8111 kext and use some kext installer (do not place kext into kext folder in EFI because
it hasn´t worked for me)
- Audio: There is audio through HDMI but not through audio jacks (although according audio preferences audio is present) , so if you want to have sound through HDA delete alc kext and use VoodooHDA. It works great with Gigabyte mobos.

If someone has got some problem with installation, send a comment. I´ll upload my EFI folder.
Bro can u please share me you're EFI file

Hey guys, I've been lurking thus far but I've been through three different builds for this motherboard and none of them have worked. I'm about to start a thread of my own with all the required information, but was hoping to avoid that. Would you mind uploading your EFI folder?

At least, what software did you use? Is this unibeast 9.3.0 from here, clover efi bootloader with clover configurator applied? A little more process would help.

Last edited:
My specs:

Gigabyte B365M-DS3H

it hasn´t worked for me)

Can u please share me you are EFI file ?
Can u ?

Screen Shot 11.jpg

The OP has not been seen since May of 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back