Contribute
Register

G751JT- Monster of Hackintosh Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I've been trying to follow this guide, but I seem to be a bit out of my depth.

I started Hackintoshing on an old Asus Laptop in... 2010, or something close to that, using Snow Leopard and the old boot cd. I then bought a ProBook in early 2013 and followed those guides to the letter. I've been out of the game for 2-3 years at this point, and have been researching frantically to try and get caught up with Clover and all the recent developments.

I currently have an Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 and would like to get it Hackintoshed. I have an lspci -nn dump, an lshw dump, and a clean DSDT.aml. Would some brave soul be willing to help me get started? With this machine's specs, what is the likelihood of getting Sierra running (I have both Sierra and Yosemite install apps downloaded, just in case. My MacMini 6,1 is currently running Sierra.)? Will I need a patched kernel? Where do I start finding information about what edits need to be made to my DSDT, if necessary? And does anyone have a list of kexts I'll need once I'm in?

Many thanks in advance. This is a wonderful community, and I've had the greatest experience browsing these forums over the years.

Hello! I've been trying to follow this guide, but I seem to be a bit out of my depth.

I started Hackintoshing on an old Asus Laptop in... 2010, or something close to that, using Snow Leopard and the old boot cd. I then bought a ProBook in early 2013 and followed those guides to the letter. I've been out of the game for 2-3 years at this point, and have been researching frantically to try and get caught up with Clover and all the recent developments.

I currently have an Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 and would like to get it Hackintoshed. I have an lspci -nn dump, an lshw dump, and a clean DSDT.aml. Would some brave soul be willing to help me get started? With this machine's specs, what is the likelihood of getting Sierra running (I have both Sierra and Yosemite install apps downloaded, just in case. My MacMini 6,1 is currently running Sierra.)? Will I need a patched kernel? Where do I start finding information about what edits need to be made to my DSDT, if necessary? And does anyone have a list of kexts I'll need once I'm in?

Many thanks in advance. This is a wonderful community, and I've had the greatest experience browsing these forums over the years.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hello are you still about? I would like a copy of your sound drivers and clover config as I have brought the same laptop listed here, tho mine for some reason shows up as acl668 not 269 yet its the same model but the patcher program dose not see it on a fresh install.....

all I need is the sound to work and need the config file and dst or what ever to get this to work, once i get the files I will be sure to upload them for this post so no one else runs into this issue

Last edited:
thanks alot, giving up on the sound and feel like i have wasted money buying this laptop bad gude, if people are going to put up guides they need to upload the files to make it work thats the point of making the guide and helping other members of this community, if by some dum luck i get this working i will upload the files

Last edited:
hio2, you still there? I got the same 751jt and would like to optimise things a bit… Most of it works nicely, but where I'm struggling is Sleep Mode. Are you happy to send me a list of the contents of your EFI partition (Clover kexts) and kexts in S/L/E of your version - for me to compare?

Btw, anyone ever got the "real" Mac-Touchpad feeling in a Hackintosh-PC-version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back