Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So which is the easiest one to mod?

From one I already know:
-The Mac Pro can only fit mATX without some serious modding (and I'm fine with using mATX motherboards), the G5 can do full ATX.
-The Mac Pro has two drive bays for optical and 4 for HDDs, G5 has 1 for optical probably 2 for HDDs
-Mac Pro can fit a standard PSU on the bulkheads above the motherboard.

These differences don't concern me very much. I'm more concerned with which is easier to fit a mATX motherboard? Which is easier to connect the front I/O? Which is easier for optical/HDDs placements?

Which one can I get by with just simply repositioning the motherboard standoffs to ATX positions without further trimming them? Or without having to buy a mobo tray?

The criteria:
-I'm using mATX motherboard (GA-P55M-UD4)
-GTX 260 (maybe two in the future)
-2 or more HDDs
-1 optical drive
-water cooling space is not necessary
-further modding like adding lame lights also not necessary

I currently have a G5 case I got from ebay but I'm having second thoughts about it because it is not in mint condition. I want a pristine brand new case and since they don't make G5 cases anymore, I have to go with a new Mac Pro case. I'm not worried that much about the investment because I can always sell this G5 and get a Mac Pro.

I also have a G5 (case) but I dumped the mod idea and was going for a Mac Pro case (new one for 150 EUR but its gone) and now i'm waiting for the new Lian Li V352 case.

The Mac Pro case its easier to mod, you have less to cut, just the I/O ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back