Contribute
Register

G5 USB 3.0 Front Panel and Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you some point make the pcb with type c connector, count me in. And i wouldn't mind soldering the pb to a new pcb. Just make the soldering points clearly visible and with a bit of space in between :)

Also, I have a quick question to whomever is interested... would you be willing to cut or desolder the wires off the original power button in order to solder them onto the board? I cant seem to find the connectors that go on the pcb side of the board anywhere.

I'd definitely be willing here - how many soldering points is it? I believe it's only three, shouldn't be too bad.

I don't want to be the wet towel in the party here but please be advised of our site rules.

" [h=2]Advertising and Solicitation[/h]
  • No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.
  • We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members that advertise products or services or solicit for funds or donations.
  • Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales or contests.
  • Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed. "
http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

I don't want to be the wet towel in the party here but please be advised of our site rules.

Advertising and Solicitation

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Awwwrf, is there any alternative or solution we can do? This seems like a possibly awesome thing for us as modders ~

I guess only only solution would be for us to make the PCB's our self from a set of plans...

Awwwrf, is there any alternative or solution we can do? This seems like a possibly awesome thing for us as modders ~

I guess only only solution would be for us to make the PCB's our self from a set of plans...

I agree... Don't wanna break the rules, but this MAY be an awesome resource for keeping the G5 case as a modern PC case. I suppose the discussion can continue as long as it's kept in the context of akhilv1 designing a PCB and not selling a product.

Something like this I'd prefer to buy a complete PCB/cable, but if if its something I can download plans for, source parts, solder myself, I figure it's better than what's out there now.

It was one reason the modders tools section was created. a way to share our projects without monetary gain.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/modders-tools/

I for one am all about modding these cases and trying to keep them current. I am also one for use to collectively share ideas and designs to help those who don't always have the tools to do this or the knack to figure out the nitty gritty of it.

There are places we know of that sells bits and pieces of what we need. I know designing PCBs is a pain as well because just getting one piece made from a supplier is expensive, but there are other options nowadays for printing up your own. That is the area in which we should also be looking, the little home kits that you can do this stuff with without it looking like ass.

Glad to see my post was deleted... you guys really hate yurc. I hardly ever comment here because the rules are ungodly strict. No PM'ing, you can't even talk about designing something to benefit the community because the guy that put all his time and effort into it might want to make a few bucks for his time and effort. Nowhere has he asked for anyone to pay him right now. Mods on this forum need to lighten up but since that will never happen, good luck getting your project completed on this forum guys. I suggest you move it to a different forum because they close this thread.

I would prefer to not have this thread closed, so I guess I'll have to shift my focus on creating more of an instruction manual to making you own PCB on a laser cutter. I'll probably have to wait until I get back from summer so I can experiment with my school's laser cutter, so I guess I'll have to pause this project for a few months. It sucks that we can't do anything like this on this forum, as I know other forums have marketplaces, but I guess a guide will have to suffice.

The thread isn't going to be closed.

The rules were brought up because those are the site rules. So before somebody starts asking for money for products everybody knows that it isn't allowed here. The rules were set up a long time ago and if you have an issue with them then I suggest you do find someplace else to set up shop. They are there to protect all parties from unscrupulous sorts. We don't want to be in the middle of some ****ty sale, because we all know not everybody on the interwebs are trustworthy. So we went with an all out no sales on the site.

We have lots of other products and designs being shared and discussed with no issues. If you see the other sections you see people building and sharing their designs, from touch sensor buttons, to modded PSUs and so on.

Other people have tried to sell items and they were warned, then suspended and then banned. Depending on what the circumstances were.

I totally understand that a lot of time and research goes into modding. From case manufacturing to custom made parts, to PCBs and wiring. I even contributed to parts of this without ever asking for anything. That's why I set up the sections the way they are, for people to contribute and add ways in how to get what we want done. All in all this is a site of sharing knowledge and helping.

As I said before, if you're not a fan of the rules sorry, but they are there for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back