Contribute
Register

G5 Tower Mod... Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG GL502VM
m int he midst of taking apart my g5 case and i cant find where i unscrew to remove the seperator tat holds up the hard drive and psu!!!

Samchavles said:
m int he midst of taking apart my g5 case and i cant find where i unscrew to remove the seperator tat holds up the hard drive and psu!!!
There are 6-8 barrel shaped torx screws (very unusual) just behind the frame bar/post. Turn the case upside down to see better. The screws hold the HD/DVD plate as well as a plastic arm which holds the cover locking latches. Remember how those come out.. took me a while to it back together for not remembering.

Alright thanks! got it out! Now my only problem is i cant get the case apart because aside from the screws and bolts being out, not these weird round things inbetween the bolt holes are there and tehres no tool to remove that...

Samchavles said:
Alright thanks! got it out! Now my only problem is i cant get the case apart because aside from the screws and bolts being out, not these weird round things inbetween the bolt holes are there and tehres no tool to remove that...
OK. We're discussing this on two threads I'll stick to this one from now on. I've looked at mine again and can't figure what you're referring to other than the screws/nuts. BTW, they aren't the torx I mentioned in the other thread, they are a 3mm allen head; the torx screws are on the back wall. To be certain, post a picture of what you're referring to.

Ok we will stick to this. I have a whole allen set at home so i will try when i get home even though i kind of ****ed them up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back