EVGA GeForce GTX 760 OC w/ACX
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I acquired an old G5 Case from a friend of mine a while back, and as I've always liked the idea of making my Hackintosh as similar to an actual Mac as possible... A G5 mod seemed like the only thing to do.

As I already have a fully functioning Hackintosh, based on an ATX board, I had to make it fit ATX. I dug around a bit and found that most of the more successful mods had used either Laser Hive motherboard trays and back plates or owned their own workshop/had access to machining tools. As I don't have access to machinery, I thought I'd go down the road of the Laser Hive. They offer everything you need for a conversion, such as their front panel replacement kit and both ATX and M-ATX conversion kits. I opted for the High 120mm ATX version, as it would allow me to modify the PSU and also as I use a liquid CPU cooler.

I didn't take any photos during my process (mild oversight), but I used a Bosch Dremel, a hacksaw and several files for all the cutting work.

Below are a few photos of the finished piece!

IMG_4449.jpg
The fan cut out on the modified/rebodied corsair CX600M PSU
IMG_4450.jpgIMG_4451.jpg
front and back views of the case.
IMG_4448.jpg
I reused the original drive caddy, it's screwed into the top shelf, i also glued a 2.5" SSD caddy to the bottom of it. This didn't disrupt the original CD drive mount points.
IMG_4447.jpg
Aerial view of the finished piece
IMG_4452.jpgIMG_4453.jpg
And glamour shots

I hope you all like :thumbup:

Sorry Thomski, the links do not show. Maybe use the insert image tag when posting.....
Looking forward to seeing the build shots!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back