Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've just started my first ever G5 mod and have digested loads of useful info.
Having purchased my case for £10, the seller said it was in perfect condition..........he lied! There are no dents or deep scratches but it's not perfect and to be honest, only a new paint job will do.

Im in the market for a can of spray that will give me that anodised effect, or as near too it as possible. I'm looking to maintain the same colour, or maybe darker. The sprays I've seen seem to be on the shiny side, which looks kind of cheap to me.

Does anyone one have any suggestions, aside from re anodising?

Im in the UK btw.

Maybe not the answer you are looking for, but there are people on this forum that used some kind of vinyl wrap. I was a bit seceptical at first but the results look pretty decent. You might want to use this method instead.

That might be your first response, to repaint the Original color, but in my experience from having multiple G5 cases still in Retail state and 3 G5 being modded I would directly go for a personalised custom paint job, or powdercoat. Trust me on this, the case is beautiful and perfect for customization.

TBTO my first G5 mod was as Retail as possible because I liked it so much, but within a year you want to mod it more. xD

Thanks for the responses, I'm leaning more towards a custom colour.
I think I may try for a space grey colour. I REALLY don't want a shiny looking finish though, so will be trying to hunt out a suitable spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back