Contribute
Register

G5 'No Rear Cut'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xagdas How's the Hackintosh experience with your 1080?.
No hope with Catalina. So I gave up with primary system. I have an mini-ITX system with integrated gpu, I continue with them rarely. Main system for gaming and watch Netflix mostly with Windows. But I hope to hear from Nvidia driver, please please pleaseee...

But I hope to hear from Nvidia driver, please please pleaseee...

I don't think it's going to happen, the general consensus here is that it's not going to happen anytime soon, if at all. And with Apples projected switch to AMD in a couple of years, then Nvidia won't be happening.

I don't think it's going to happen, the general consensus here is that it's not going to happen anytime soon, if at all. And with Apples projected switch to AMD in a couple of years, then Nvidia won't be happening.
Yes you are right. If Apple switches to AMD processors for every Mac like notebook and desktop + iMac, then its finished for Nvidia. I wish they continue with Intel because I have Intels.

Budget G5 'No Rear Cut' — BluEye — Gaming
Dell 7010 — i7 3770 — RX 560

Hey, I'm doing a really similar project and I see that you kept the middle shelf that holds the two central fans. How did you manage to keep it, given that it is attached to the original motherboard and not to the case?

Hey, I'm doing a really similar project and I see that you kept the middle shelf that holds the two central fans. How did you manage to keep it, given that it is attached to the original motherboard and not to the case?
From what I remember the middle shelf is attached to the motherboard and the case with screws, just unscrew them and the middle shelf can be removed. In this build one screw holds the middle shelf, top left, and right side is held up by the rear fan guard.

Last edited:
From what I remember the middle shelf is attached to the motherboard and the case with screws, just unscrew them and the middle shelf can be removed. In this build one screw holds the middle shelf, top left, and right side is held up by the rear fan guard.

My dual cpu G5 doesn't have that screw for the heat shield :( the only screw it used was the top left one. Infact, after unscrewing the motherboard, the motherboard popped out of the case with the shelf attached on it. Maybe I'm missing something?

My dual cpu G5 doesn't have that screw for the heat shield :( the only screw it used was the top left one. Infact, after unscrewing the motherboard, the motherboard popped out of the case with the shelf attached on it. Maybe I'm missing something?

There should be 3-4 screws, at the back of the shelf, they're kind of hidden, that attach to the motherboard. They could be on the back of the motherboard.

There should be 3-4 screws, at the back of the shelf, they're kind of hidden, that attach to the motherboard. They could be on the back of the motherboard.
Oh okay, And you think that I can keep the shelf after removing those?

Oh okay, And you think that I can keep the shelf after removing those?

2A6C9863-C720-45D2-B2EB-3231D4C81280.jpeg

Definitely!, this is how I modified mine to fit in this build and my current build. I just cut a section to allow room for ram sticks. That screw I used to fix the shelf to the heat shield isn't what was originally there, I used another screw that was reclaimed from the case.

Definitely!, this is how I modified mine to fit in this build and my current build. I just cut a section to allow room for ram sticks. That screw I used to fix the shelf to the heat shield isn't what was originally there, I used another screw that was reclaimed from the case.
Nice! So you cut a piece out for the ram. The problem is that I only have 1 screw hole available on the shelf, there is not the heatshield one and I wanted to keep it in order to use the mount for the 2 middle fans.

PS: sorry if I maybe got something wrong but my english is not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back