Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does ANYONE make one? I've seen tons of people selling a 18pin cable but doesn't the late 2005 one use a 24pin?

This is really disheartening because I didn't realize this and already bought a late 2005 case. I have ZERO soldering experience and was really counting on a plug and play type deal :(

Does anyone know? I now have a perfect condition G5 case that I don't want anything to do with because I'll never get the front panel working :banghead:

Also, I would absolutely paypal you for your services. Much rather do that than sell this case I just bought this week lol.

Ok there is always a work around :D

Post a pic of the connecter. There are a lot of resources for info on how to make it work.

Also you can always buy a 18 pin set up off ebay as well and just replace yours if needed.

thank you for calming me down a bit lol...here are some pics of the cable I ordered. Will this work with a late 2005 G5 front panel? I'd rather not buy on ebay an older front panel because I know in replacing it I wouldn't make it look right, or if I have to cut up the front I'll screw it up for sure.

index-1.jpg
index-2.jpg
index.jpg

Attachments

• index-1.jpg
    index-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 844
  • index-2.jpg
    index-2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 531
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 565
Yeah that's the cable that fits into my 4 cases :D

I think the front IO Power, Audio, USB and Firewire are all the same I do think. That's why I mentioned swapping out the front with the 18 pin connector :D

You have some time yet so don't drive yourself crazy while your away like I said.
Once your back then you can dive right in and figure it all out.

You'll figure it out

bought a spare 18 pin panel for 20 bucks, so I'm safe either way now. Either a premade cable shows up on the internet or I unscrew the stock front panel and replace it. Seems like just 2 screws and I'm good!

Thanks again!

It is a little crazy though that no one has a commercial option yet though for the late cases. I've been doing some searching and have found early cables EVERYWHERE. It is my understanding that the late 2005 G5 (maybe the Mac Pro too?) front panel connects directly to the board.

Lastly, would replacing the late 2005 front panel be pretty easy? I am a little concerned about the cable for the power button to the board.

But I mean there are a lot of cases out in the wild and there seem to be next to no solutions. I'll leave this thought process open but alone until I actually begin my build, likely in the fall. Hoping a solution presents itself before then. I will be posting Millions of pics too :D

Well the Mac Pro with the Sata plug and power plug do have a work up on them. I am wondering if yours is the pin one like on the post you posted on over "there".

Like I said though you should be able to swap out the parts if need be. Just get a pic of the part itself and post it. I have two G5's apart and one have have the front panel out so I can compare pics and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back