Contribute
Register

G5 + laserhive mobo tray + Noctua NH-D14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580 + HD4600
Hi guys,

My first mod will soon begin and before ordering the parts for my G5 case I just wanted to make sure that there is enough space to fit the Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler when using the laserhive ATX motherboard tray?
I would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions.

The nh-d14 is 160x140x158
I have the cool master 120x79x 158
It's tight but fits just fine as both are 158mm
Just don't make your mb stand offs to tall.

Just to throw my input in - I have the Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 using the old style Laser Hive motherboard tray - and I'm using the Noctua U12S - it's a very very close fit!

I'd recommend getting your air cooler from someplace like Amazon that's a little more lenient on their return policy just in case it doesn't fit. For most things Newegg is good but I found out the hard way that their return policy isn't the greatest...

stiligFox
That's a smart idea!;)
Yours is also 158 so you know how close it can be. :confused:
I just took a look and there's 7 1/2" or 190.5 mm from back to inside edge on my G5.
You've got 32 mm or 1 1/4" to play with if my figures are right.o_O
So 1 1/4 - mother board, Laser Hive motherboard tray, and stand offs you get???

I just measured my MB stand, offs[1/4" stand off nuts] and cooler and it comes to 6 7/8.
It looks like you've got 5/8" for tray and what ever stand off you use.
Hope that helps.
my mb is z77n-wifi, it is one of the smaller boards but should be the same thickness as any Gigabyte board.

Here's their page for materials. Get the thickness you need.
http://www.thelaserhive.com/materials/

I would suggest contacting the Laser Hive by e-mail. Explain what you are trying to do and I would expect a good answer from them as to the tolerances that may be possible. They do have a wealth of knowledge to give you the information that you require.

It"ll work:thumbup:
Stand offs are your friend.:shifty:

Thank you for all your answers. I'll give it a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back