Graphics
Radeon HD 6950 2gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is the last step in my G5 case mod. I will post pics when it is complete. There won't be any pics of the stages but I will answer any questions about how I put it all together.

On to my questions ...

I would like to wire up the front panel. I have found several write-ups and most have helped with one exception.

Firstly, I'm not concerned about the FW/USB/Audio ports right now.

I could be wrong but the power button lights up? For example, when powered up or sleeping? Also, there is a small LED right above the power button which I assume is the HDD activity LED?

I have connected the proper connections from my MB (PW+ and PLED+) to ports 13/14 with the PW- going to port 2 for ground.

So does anyone have any thoughts on how to get the power button to light up and use that smaller LED for the HDD indicator?

Thanks.

Yeah but I don't know if the power button is suppose to light up. If it is, then mine is broken or I'm doing something wrong.

The front panel is working now. I was wrong on thinking the power button itself lit up.

Now I have a fully functional front panel.

:thumbup:

The G5 only has one front panel LED. The MB F-PANEL connector offers 3 LED connections. One for power, one for Message/power/sleep and one for HD activity. You can hook the G5 LED to any of them.

It is easy to add a second LED (blue) to the HD activity + and hang it below the Firewire connector, no resistor is necessary, just an LED.

If the built in LED is not functioning, it would be easy to add a new LED, wire it directly to the MB F-PANEL and run the wires along with the harness going to the G5 front panel. It could be placed about half an inch above the original location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back