Contribute
Register

G5 Case Mod Layout Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPerk15 said:
@neilhart very good tips, thank you. Now I'm reconsidering my original desire to buy a full ATX board :p I was just thinking of using a full because I wanted "more", no other good reason. I'll only be using a wireless card and a dual slot GPU in the PCI slots so will I be OK with mATX? I wouldn't ever be able to upgrade to crossfire though would I? It's not the end of the world, but I do somewhat want this to be easy to upgrade in the future.

@eelhead, I like the idea of no cut but I'm assuming then there is a good deal of soldering to get the rear I/O to conform to the G5 ports. And I'm such a noob that cutting the back is easier than soldering and actually doing electronics work lol. I'm actually dreading having to solder a tact switch for my optical drive because at the moment I think that is all the soldering I have to do at the moment.

That being said...I AM willing to learn :)

I know where you can get a premade rear IO jumper (I guess that's what you call it) that goes to the G5 case and then you use jumpers from there to the mobo. Looks good and the quality is awesome. I sent am PM with details.
And just to say it isn't anything I make, don't have those skills lol or not yet I don't :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back