Contribute
Register

G5 Case Mod — GA H370M D3H GSM — i5-8500 — RX580 Pulse 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, love the look of your build. Just started mine. Have my G5. Not sure what I am going to use parts wise. Mind if I copy yours? LOL. Are you up and running yet?

Hi Ivorn. You’re welcome to copy my build, I have a full parts list in my completed ‘Budget G5 No Rear Cut’, link in my sig. I’ll be upgrading the mobo to a Gigabyte H370, just holding out on i5 8400 to complete the parts. Yes everything is running great, the fans are keeping it cool and it looks cool too!. Which model G5 do you have?. Does it have the heat shield?.

Don't know if you got this. It's a 2005, not sure about heat shield. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 20191120_161159.jpg
    20191120_161159.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 155
Yes it looks similar to mine, my model identifier is 7,3 mid 2004. You have the same heat shield, you can utilize that in your build.

Last edited:
Don't know if you got this. It's a 2005, not sure about heat shield. Here's a pic.
Any posts you make that include the name of the Y.T. personality/channel morg...aut get auto removed by the forum software. So don't put that name in your posts. Thanks in advance.

Ohh, wasn't aware of that. Is the personality concept a specific or general issue?Haven't stripped my down yet.
Will do over holidays. An thoughts about about Laser kits available. BTW acquired an 23" Apple cinema monitor in great condition. How did you utilise your heat shield?

Mentioning the ‘M’ word will result in your posts being deleted. So please don’t do it, thanks.
My thoughts about laser kits?. If that’s what floats your boat then why not. You get a professionally made product that looks good and fits well from the G5 builds I’ve seen. Just look at @mustangboast build, really impressive. But for my build I decided to keep it stock and I was on a budget. I didn’t cut the back because I felt you don’t need to. Apart from Ethernet I moved everything I needed to ‘connect’ in the PCI slots. I think it depends on what you want your Hackintosh to do. I’m not building a gaming, video/photo editing beast, I kept it simple.

Ohh, wasn't aware of that. Is the personality concept a specific or general issue?Haven't stripped my down yet.
Will do over holidays. An thoughts about about Laser kits available. BTW acquired an 23" Apple cinema monitor in great condition. How did you utilise your heat shield?
Totally agree with @craighazan you don't need to use The Laser Hive Kit like I did! You can totally build a custom "G5" without cutting anything on the exterior if you wanted. For me I wasn't going for a stock look and the components I am using wouldn't have worked for my needs hence my decision to use the kit. Just wanted to clarify, hope this helps!

BTW @craighazan build looks fantastic and is a great inspiration for your first attempt! :thumbup:

Yes sure does. Thanks so much.

Have a question about the build. Would I be correct in saying that everything is centred around the motherboard in terms of placement. So once that is fixed in place the rest must be configured around that. In other words I would like to use the
ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard, as a starting point and work from there. Does that make sense? I would also use your fan system.

Yes that makes perfect sense, start with your motherboard placement first then work from there. The Z390 doesn't look like an mATX, that might mean more cutting or removing the top shelf. Where will your PSU go?. Check out this post by Jimran, awesome PSU conversion!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back