Contribute
Register

G5 Case Mod — GA H370M D3H GSM — i5-8500 — RX580 Pulse 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
When buying a PSU, is it normal to have to send three back because none of them have worked?, Is it the build?. So far in the past two weeks I have purchased 2 Seasonic and one EVGA. All have been sent back because they don’t power on. The only PSU that’s working is the Dell 250W. What’s going on?.

The only PSU that’s working is the Dell 250W.
Hard to believe all three could be DOA. :O
You're saying it doesn't work on your Gigabyte or Dell 7010 motherboard ?

If you look places like YT many people have used non-Dell OEM PSUs with those motherboards so it can't be something Dell does to make them not work.

Here's another lower cost option. Buy another Dell PSU and hook up the 8 pin supplemental power to that. There are low cost Sata power to 8 pin adapters available on Amazon. That way your 570 will never draw so much power as to overload your primary 250W PSU. It's not as neat and clean but it would at least work and be reliable. There must be enough room in the G5 case for it.

Last edited:
Hard to believe all three could be DOA. :O
You're saying it doesn't work on your Gigabyte or Dell 7010 motherboard ?
Yeah I'm scratching my head a bit. Its the H370M Gigabyte motherboard that they're not working with. Is it a BIOS setting?. There are several options in the Power section like ASPM, PEG ASPM, PCH ASPM and DMI ASPM.
And the 570 arrived today too but I can't test it yet. I do like your idea of using two of the Dell PSU, I'm fairly confident they can fit side by side in the bottom.

Yeah I'm scratching my head a bit.
Did you use the EVGA PSU tester that came with it ? You must also switch it out of Eco mode to get the fan to spin.

Includes Power ON Self Tester, SFX Form Factor, Power Supply

Last edited:
Did you use the EVGA PSU tester that came with it ? You must also switch it out of Eco mode to get the fan to spin.
So I just did the test according to the site and the fan span up!. So it is working, if I connect it to Gigabyte motherboard it will work?.

Nothing!. It’s plugged in and nothing is happening.

Thanks @P1LGRIM, yep the fan is spinning normally, but when I plug into the G5, nothing, no spinning fan. Can this BIOS screen help?. Are there settings that should be enabled?.

4C780439-D23E-4E84-A4A6-25D4225946DC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back