CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In the thread "Lian Li Sacrifice case for G5 - L35 Bargain" (Dec 18, 2013), MACNB discusses building a Hackintosh in a Mac G5 case using the internal hardware from an old Lian Li PC-A10 case. This will be my first mod, but I feel that the G5 case is worth the effort. I plan to build with an i7 CPU and 1070 GPU, and probably ATX mobo.
Can anyone with G5 experience tell me whether fitting the PC-A10 inside the G5 will be easier than custom-mounting everything directly into the G5? Also, can the Lian-Li PC-A10A case be used instead of the PC-A10?
Many thanks!

In the thread "Lian Li Sacrifice case for G5 - L35 Bargain" (Dec 18, 2013), MACNB discusses building a Hackintosh in a Mac G5 case using the internal hardware from an old Lian Li PC-A10 case. This will be my first mod, but I feel that the G5 case is worth the effort. I plan to build with an i7 CPU and 1070 GPU, and probably ATX mobo.
Can anyone with G5 experience tell me whether fitting the PC-A10 inside the G5 will be easier than custom-mounting everything directly into the G5? Also, can the Lian-Li PC-A10A case be used instead of the PC-A10?
Many thanks!

First off the G5 width is 7.75 inches and the width of the PC-A10 is 8.5 inches.

If you are not into parts fabrication, I suggest that you look at the Laser Hive for G5 mod kits.
https://www.thelaserhive.com/kits/powermac-g5-conversion-products/

Good modding,
neil

Neil, thanks very much! The Laser Hive kits look like a great solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back