Contribute
Register

G4 Tower Build (Sawtooth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great build.. I just dusted off an old Sawtooth and was inspired to do something similar.. very computer savvy but never built a mackintosh (though have taken apart and put back together iMacs). Hope i'm not getting in too far over my head...

\EDIT: I saw that the water cooling didnt work for yo- what did you end up doing for CPU cooling

Last edited:
Great build.. I just dusted off an old Sawtooth and was inspired to do something similar.. very computer savvy but never built a mackintosh (though have taken apart and put back together iMacs). Hope i'm not getting in too far over my head...

\EDIT: I saw that the water cooling didnt work for yo- what did you end up doing for CPU cooling
Just ended up cutting extra vent holes in the bottom, and installed two internal fans as opposed to the stock, single fan - seems to be doing the trick, even with rendering large video files or playing WOW with the graphics turned on max.
SystemFans.png

Finally did the cost breakdown by part, including the tools I didn't have, extra cables etc. still ended up being way cheaper than a real Mac Pro would cost! Everything was purchased through Amazon, with my Prime account so free shipping.

HackintoshCost.png

Is Apple watching? : ) In the WWDC Monday they showed the new iMac Pro, the setup looks so similar to my Hackintosh (I know I'm not the only one that uses multiple monitors) but that it was funny!

NewiMacPro.png

Whew, successful, non-even update to 10.12.6... it always nervous's me though.
10.12.6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back