Contribute
Register

G4 Tower Build (Sawtooth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sorry for misunderstanding, the reason for this is my bad english :(
I mean exactly what you see in the pictures. The drive has dimensions of 128x125 mm and fits perfectly. I abandoned this drive cause I badly want to keep the original look of G4.
View attachment 212617
View attachment 212616
Thanks, I did find one that size finally, I think I may try it but mount it so it mounts from the top of the optical drive existing casing. Like you have yours sitting on bottom, if I can mount to top the mobo/RAM may clear the space and make it! I'll have to do something creative for the front panel so it looks nice.

Hackintosh Update
Finally now have stable system that boots (had to completely reformat and install Windows 10) to both OS, and finally have the MacOS Audio on the rear speaker out jack working, music again! Still don't have the NVIDIA graphics card drivers working :cry: - but at least I can play my game on the fully functional Windows 10!

IMG_6562.jpg

Last edited:
Just for Fun.
I hooked up all the old G4 components outside of the box (since the case has the new stuff now : ) and booted up... just for fun.
GR-Apart.png

Last edited:
Where are those fans you put in the side venting to? With the plastics on anyway? I did an ivy bridge build with a quicksiver case a few years ago and ended up scrapping it after I had it going mostly because of heat issues, and also some other case related issues probably of my own doing, ended up putting it in a cheap and easy case thinking I would figure it out soon enough. I'm looking to go back and fix my mistakes and do it at least okay this time, so that's why I'm curious.

As far as your front panel goes, if you want it perfect, solder it, if not, power switch and led sounds just fine to me, what do you need a reset button for anyway?

And as far as your other issues, when I first did my build, the latest geforce graphics were a PITA to get working but work now without any effort after an OSX update or 2. Still, I would think those updated drivers you got should work? Audio, I didn't know what I was doing and bought a MB that had VIA audio which evidently OSX will never support. Workarounds to make it work were unstable to say the least. I ended up getting a cheap USB audio dongle and I have now forgot about my audio problems since.
Just an update - Running Blizzard's WOW game for up to 3 hours, highest temp was 69c (159 F) so reversing the fans to push the air out the back vents seems to be working fine. That's about as hot as I'd ever get it.

OS UPDATE
Finally updated to MacOS Sierra! Went pretty smooth, but did not resolve my existing issues of Audio (now the real audio out does not even work) or Graphics - NVIDIA graphic drivers still not working even after following all posts on fixes.

MacOSSierra.png

Did you try to put AppleHDADisabler.kext and VoodooHDA.kext into Clover 10.12 kexts folder?

Did you try to put AppleHDADisabler.kext and VoodooHDA.kext into Clover 10.12 kexts folder?
Hmm, I don't have a 10.12 folder - was Clover supposed to create that or do I create manually? Tks.

was Clover supposed to create that or do I create manually? Tks.
You can create it manually. Next step is to put all kexts from archive i've sent into 10.12 folder.
If you have successfully installed Nvidia web drivers, just run Kext Utility to fix kernel cache.

You can create it manually. Next step is to put all kexts from archive i've sent into 10.12 folder.
If you have successfully installed Nvidia web drivers, just run Kext Utility to fix kernel cache.
Thanks, where do I get AppleHDADisabler.kext and VoodooHDA.kext? I looked under resources but didn't see them listed.

EDIT: I've managed to fix both my graphics card and HDMI audio by changing my system profile from 17,1 to 14,2 for whatever reason that works, don't know what I'm loosing my not utilizing the 17,1 profile which is really for my Skylake processor.

Last edited:
Update Audio/Video
(I hope, until my next project for the Cube : )

- Crazy, but changing system from 17,1, to 14,2 OS now recogonizes my graphics card FINALLY, and is using NVIDIA drivers. Says ECC is not compatible with my 970 card, the default resolution looks great but of course I need better glasses now : ) the scaled options don't display as well, as I am using a ASLIS widescreen monitor - AND - HDMI audio is now working!!! Thanks to all the other users in this site that helped me get there!

Changed14.2.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back